What is Social Media Intelligence?
The term social media intelligence was advanced in a 2012 paper written by Sir David Omand, Jamie Bartlett and Carl Miller for the Centre for the Analysis of Social Media, at the London-based think tank.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social Media Intelligence are the collective tools and solutions that enable organizations to monitor social channels and conversations.
- The most common uses are – brand health, competitive analysis, and #c70ce47c0c68" style=" color: #c01823; text-decoration: underline;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">crisis management.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
It's all about being ready
Being prepared for the worst is your best chance to avoid it happening in the first place. Here’s how:
- Stay in the know – a single negative tweet isn’t a crisis, but ignoring it could turn it into one. Pay attention to the little things and solve problems while they’re small enough to be solved; set up alerts to notify you of highly negative keywords and trends.
- Establish a baseline – you can’t know if sentiment is off unless you know where you stand on a typical day, so you’ve got to track overall brand health, core issues, and emerging themes regularly.
- Establish a Social Crisis Plan – everyone should know their role if a crisis unfolds. Develop a repeatable framework and process for handling future events. Identify areas of success and opportunities for improvement. And systematize it.
Social Media Intelligence
Some day soon, wienerschnitzel may become as controversial as foie gras in German restaurants, as veganism has taken hold in the traditionally meat-loving locale. Let’s take a look at the social media analytics behind what’s happening and why CPGs, restaurants and...
Sales in the restaurant industry have grown by more than $300 billion since 2000. How can brands in this thriving industry capture their share of the market? The NetBase 2018 Social Intelligence Report: Restaurants offers tips brands in any industry can bring to the...
With all the options consumers now have, competitive intelligence is crucial to brand survival. But how do you extract useful insights from social sites to ensure you're not only keeping up with, but besting the competition? Here's the answer: Apply social media...