What is Social Media Intelligence?
The term social media intelligence was advanced in a 2012 paper written by Sir David Omand, Jamie Bartlett and Carl Miller for the Centre for the Analysis of Social Media, at the London-based think tank.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social Media Intelligence are the collective tools and solutions that enable organizations to monitor social channels and conversations.
- The most common uses are – brand health, competitive analysis, and #c70ce47c0c68" style=" color: #c01823; text-decoration: underline;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">crisis management.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
It's all about being ready
Being prepared for the worst is your best chance to avoid it happening in the first place. Here’s how:
- Stay in the know – a single negative tweet isn’t a crisis, but ignoring it could turn it into one. Pay attention to the little things and solve problems while they’re small enough to be solved; set up alerts to notify you of highly negative keywords and trends.
- Establish a baseline – you can’t know if sentiment is off unless you know where you stand on a typical day, so you’ve got to track overall brand health, core issues, and emerging themes regularly.
- Establish a Social Crisis Plan – everyone should know their role if a crisis unfolds. Develop a repeatable framework and process for handling future events. Identify areas of success and opportunities for improvement. And systematize it.
Social Media Intelligence
By now all brands are convinced of the benefits social media insights bring to their marketing and overall strategy. But if you don't know just how important monitoring social media is to brand health and success, here are 59 stats to remind you. We've got general...
Social media intelligence is bigger than simply collecting follows and likes on your social media profiles. When gathered by top-notch technology, it's a wealth of data that – applied well – can change the course of your business. Here's how: 1. Getting to know –...
Public relations has never been easy, but the immediacy of social media offers new hurdles for those in PR to constantly jump. At the same time, there have never been greater advantages for PR professionals than those offered by social media – which is the subject of...