What is Social Media Intelligence?
The term social media intelligence was advanced in a 2012 paper written by Sir David Omand, Jamie Bartlett and Carl Miller for the Centre for the Analysis of Social Media, at the London-based think tank.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social Media Intelligence are the collective tools and solutions that enable organizations to monitor social channels and conversations.
- The most common uses are – brand health, competitive analysis, and crisis management.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
It's all about being ready
Being prepared for the worst is your best chance to avoid it happening in the first place. Here’s how:
- Stay in the know – a single negative tweet isn’t a crisis, but ignoring it could turn it into one. Pay attention to the little things and solve problems while they’re small enough to be solved; set up alerts to notify you of highly negative keywords and trends.
- Establish a baseline – you can’t know if sentiment is off unless you know where you stand on a typical day, so you’ve got to track overall brand health, core issues, and emerging themes regularly.
- Establish a Social Crisis Plan – everyone should know their role if a crisis unfolds. Develop a repeatable framework and process for handling future events. Identify areas of success and opportunities for improvement. And systematize it.
Social Media Intelligence
‘Going global’ is something every entrepreneur aspires to these days – at least those entrepreneurs planning to build a business that grows! And there are quite a few European entrepreneurs offering exceptional insight to inform that growth in any vertical, from...
No one can tell the story of your brand better than your customers – and that’s true for us as well. At our recent NetBase LIVE LA conference, Jessica Williams, Global Innovation Marketing & Analytics Leader for Visa shared how NetBase supports their storytelling...
No industry is immune to change – and the hospitality industry is no exception. But what changes can hotel brands expect moving forward, and how can they avoid disruption by innovative competitors? The NetBase 2018 Social Intelligence Report: Hotels has all the...