What is Social Media Intelligence?
The term social media intelligence was advanced in a 2012 paper written by Sir David Omand, Jamie Bartlett and Carl Miller for the Centre for the Analysis of Social Media, at the London-based think tank.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social Media Intelligence are the collective tools and solutions that enable organizations to monitor social channels and conversations.
- The most common uses are – brand health, competitive analysis, and #c70ce47c0c68" style=" color: #c01823; text-decoration: underline;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">crisis management.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
It's all about being ready
Being prepared for the worst is your best chance to avoid it happening in the first place. Here’s how:
- Stay in the know – a single negative tweet isn’t a crisis, but ignoring it could turn it into one. Pay attention to the little things and solve problems while they’re small enough to be solved; set up alerts to notify you of highly negative keywords and trends.
- Establish a baseline – you can’t know if sentiment is off unless you know where you stand on a typical day, so you’ve got to track overall brand health, core issues, and emerging themes regularly.
- Establish a Social Crisis Plan – everyone should know their role if a crisis unfolds. Develop a repeatable framework and process for handling future events. Identify areas of success and opportunities for improvement. And systematize it.
Social Media Intelligence
Having artificial intelligence powering your brand’s social analytics is table stakes, but AI comes in a variety of iterations these days – and yes, there’s such a thing as “old AI” at this point! And when smart AI isn’t all it’s cracked up to be, your brand’s health...
Capturing consumers’ attention is never easy. Holidays help, particularly Halloween. And both Taco Bell and KFC are coming at it full throttle, with costumes that capture attention and keep these brands top-of-mind as the holiday season starts. Social media analytics...
You have access to Facebook and Instagram social analytics – now what? Time to maximize what that data can do for you. Advanced Instagram and Facebook monitoring with a channel manager sounds like a handy option to have doesn’t it? It is! Let’s check it out! Product...