What is Social Media Intelligence?
The term social media intelligence was advanced in a 2012 paper written by Sir David Omand, Jamie Bartlett and Carl Miller for the Centre for the Analysis of Social Media, at the London-based think tank.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social Media Intelligence are the collective tools and solutions that enable organizations to monitor social channels and conversations.
- The most common uses are – brand health, competitive analysis, and #c70ce47c0c68" style=" color: #c01823; text-decoration: underline;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">crisis management.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
It's all about being ready
Being prepared for the worst is your best chance to avoid it happening in the first place. Here's how:
- Stay in the know – a single negative tweet isn’t a crisis, but ignoring it could turn it into one. Pay attention to the little things and solve problems while they're small enough to be solved; set up alerts to notify you of highly negative keywords and trends.
- Establish a baseline – you can’t know if sentiment is off unless you know where you stand on a typical day, so you’ve got to track overall brand health, core issues, and emerging themes regularly.
- Establish a Social Crisis Plan – everyone should know their role if a crisis unfolds. Develop a repeatable framework and process for handling future events. Identify areas of success and opportunities for improvement. And systematize it.
Social Media Intelligence
Data always reveals unexpected consumer intel, but novel insight isn’t necessarily valuable insight. With an increasingly high amount of health literacy amongst patients and caregivers, extracting relevant intel on social media is imperative – and challenging. Let’s...
Social intelligence plays a critical role in how successful a brand can be when connecting with its desired audience. And that’s because it pulls intel from the social web that reveals relevant and timely details about your consumer, which can then...
Being outside their direct control, earned media is of special interest to marketers. But it's tricky. The impact of earned media efforts - that earned media value, can be difficult to evaluate. Let’s pull back the curtain and help your brand calculate this important...