What is Social Media Intelligence?
The term social media intelligence was advanced in a 2012 paper written by Sir David Omand, Jamie Bartlett and Carl Miller for the Centre for the Analysis of Social Media, at the London-based think tank.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social Media Intelligence are the collective tools and solutions that enable organizations to monitor social channels and conversations.
- The most common uses are – brand health, competitive analysis, and #c70ce47c0c68" style=" color: #c01823; text-decoration: underline;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">crisis management.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
It's all about being ready
Being prepared for the worst is your best chance to avoid it happening in the first place. Here’s how:
- Stay in the know – a single negative tweet isn’t a crisis, but ignoring it could turn it into one. Pay attention to the little things and solve problems while they’re small enough to be solved; set up alerts to notify you of highly negative keywords and trends.
- Establish a baseline – you can’t know if sentiment is off unless you know where you stand on a typical day, so you’ve got to track overall brand health, core issues, and emerging themes regularly.
- Establish a Social Crisis Plan – everyone should know their role if a crisis unfolds. Develop a repeatable framework and process for handling future events. Identify areas of success and opportunities for improvement. And systematize it.
Social Media Intelligence
Managing a crisis before it hits is ideal - and this is an option with Quid Social. We'll show you how to analyze a crisis and ways to uncover potential threats to brand reputation, so you can plan ahead and be ready. More specifically, we'll review: Proactive Brand...
Clubhouse, the elusive, exclusive audio-chat app has grabbed headlines globally over the first two months of 2021. Incredibly, it is still in a pre-launch, invite-only mode, is operable only on iOS and is not even a year old yet. In May 2020, it had just around...
Having multiple ways to approach and analyze consumer insight is increasingly important in our data intensive age, and that often means it is increasingly complicated too. Fortunately, we’re keeping you several steps ahead of analysis paralysis by offering access to...