What is Social Media Intelligence?
The term social media intelligence was advanced in a 2012 paper written by Sir David Omand, Jamie Bartlett and Carl Miller for the Centre for the Analysis of Social Media, at the London-based think tank.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social Media Intelligence are the collective tools and solutions that enable organizations to monitor social channels and conversations.
- The most common uses are – brand health, competitive analysis, and #c70ce47c0c68" style=" color: #c01823; text-decoration: underline;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">crisis management.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
It's all about being ready
Being prepared for the worst is your best chance to avoid it happening in the first place. Here’s how:
- Stay in the know – a single negative tweet isn’t a crisis, but ignoring it could turn it into one. Pay attention to the little things and solve problems while they’re small enough to be solved; set up alerts to notify you of highly negative keywords and trends.
- Establish a baseline – you can’t know if sentiment is off unless you know where you stand on a typical day, so you’ve got to track overall brand health, core issues, and emerging themes regularly.
- Establish a Social Crisis Plan – everyone should know their role if a crisis unfolds. Develop a repeatable framework and process for handling future events. Identify areas of success and opportunities for improvement. And systematize it.
Social Media Intelligence
Consumers are embracing the Evolving Food Delivery Market - especially as COVID-19 continues to spread. And food chains and eateries are scrambling to fill orders, as long as they can stay open. Today’s fast-paced society requires businesses to constantly evolve in...
You’ve spent years building your brand and one hiccup sends things south. Do you have an action plan in place to respond quickly? Hotwire Global understands that consumers’ values should direct any high stakes crisis response, as do other online leaders with their...
Knowing how to advertise to a diverse crowd of consumers can be tricky, and a little more time consuming than most businesses would like. Adding to that complexity, current trends indicate that consumers dislike sound in their ads. And there’s more. Let’s take a quick...