What is Social Media Intelligence?
The term social media intelligence was advanced in a 2012 paper written by Sir David Omand, Jamie Bartlett and Carl Miller for the Centre for the Analysis of Social Media, at the London-based think tank.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social Media Intelligence are the collective tools and solutions that enable organizations to monitor social channels and conversations.
- The most common uses are – brand health, competitive analysis, and #c70ce47c0c68" style=" color: #c01823; text-decoration: underline;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">crisis management.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
It's all about being ready
Being prepared for the worst is your best chance to avoid it happening in the first place. Here’s how:
- Stay in the know – a single negative tweet isn’t a crisis, but ignoring it could turn it into one. Pay attention to the little things and solve problems while they’re small enough to be solved; set up alerts to notify you of highly negative keywords and trends.
- Establish a baseline – you can’t know if sentiment is off unless you know where you stand on a typical day, so you’ve got to track overall brand health, core issues, and emerging themes regularly.
- Establish a Social Crisis Plan – everyone should know their role if a crisis unfolds. Develop a repeatable framework and process for handling future events. Identify areas of success and opportunities for improvement. And systematize it.
Social Media Intelligence
Uncertain times can breed mass confusion. With lots of misinformation out there, it can be very easy to spread “fake news.” Brands must be vigilant around being honest and spreading facts, not fear as they pivot to adopt a more understanding, relatable tone with their...
Consumer confidence is low right now and brands are switching gears to maintain relationships. Monitoring consumer investment mindset in light of COVID-19 will be important. Here's how . . . Taking the Consumer Confidence Index (CCI) Temperature The economy is fueled...
What can companies learn from the eLearning challenges that homebound families are facing? Smart brands can use this information to offer solutions and build their consumer base. With schools around the country closed due to Coronavirus, many institutions are handling...