What is Social Media Intelligence?
The term social media intelligence was advanced in a 2012 paper written by Sir David Omand, Jamie Bartlett and Carl Miller for the Centre for the Analysis of Social Media, at the London-based think tank.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social Media Intelligence are the collective tools and solutions that enable organizations to monitor social channels and conversations.
- The most common uses are – brand health, competitive analysis, and #c70ce47c0c68" style=" color: #c01823; text-decoration: underline;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">crisis management.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
It's all about being ready
Being prepared for the worst is your best chance to avoid it happening in the first place. Here’s how:
- Stay in the know – a single negative tweet isn’t a crisis, but ignoring it could turn it into one. Pay attention to the little things and solve problems while they’re small enough to be solved; set up alerts to notify you of highly negative keywords and trends.
- Establish a baseline – you can’t know if sentiment is off unless you know where you stand on a typical day, so you’ve got to track overall brand health, core issues, and emerging themes regularly.
- Establish a Social Crisis Plan – everyone should know their role if a crisis unfolds. Develop a repeatable framework and process for handling future events. Identify areas of success and opportunities for improvement. And systematize it.
Social Media Intelligence
While other retailers are filing for bankruptcy protection or closing up shop, Walmart and secondhand clothing retailer ThredUp just partnered up in a master move that may disrupt the space. In this overview detailing why this merger is a match made in retail...
Adaptation has been the fundamental business principle at the forefront of people’s minds for the last few months. And no one has done this better than the restaurant industry. With dine-in options off the table in the beginning, restaurants from giant chains to mom...
Society is certainly experiencing a ‘new normal’ as many states begin to relax COVID-19 restrictions. Contactless deliveries and services have rapidly grown in popularity, for one. And in line with that, while many companies are hitting pause on big expenditures,...