What is Social Media Intelligence?
The term social media intelligence was advanced in a 2012 paper written by Sir David Omand, Jamie Bartlett and Carl Miller for the Centre for the Analysis of Social Media, at the London-based think tank.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social Media Intelligence are the collective tools and solutions that enable organizations to monitor social channels and conversations.
- The most common uses are – brand health, competitive analysis, and #c70ce47c0c68" style=" color: #c01823; text-decoration: underline;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">crisis management.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
It's all about being ready
Being prepared for the worst is your best chance to avoid it happening in the first place. Here’s how:
- Stay in the know – a single negative tweet isn’t a crisis, but ignoring it could turn it into one. Pay attention to the little things and solve problems while they’re small enough to be solved; set up alerts to notify you of highly negative keywords and trends.
- Establish a baseline – you can’t know if sentiment is off unless you know where you stand on a typical day, so you’ve got to track overall brand health, core issues, and emerging themes regularly.
- Establish a Social Crisis Plan – everyone should know their role if a crisis unfolds. Develop a repeatable framework and process for handling future events. Identify areas of success and opportunities for improvement. And systematize it.
Social Media Intelligence
Influencer marketing is alive and well, weathering this pandemic storm while few marketing tactics are left standing. But it's not the same ol' influencers resonating with consumers. The landscape has changed - potentially forever. Let's see how that looks! If there's...
Ignorance of what’s happening and being said about your brand online, is no excuse. And fallout from it, is still your fault. Brands must monitor social conversation or face harsh consequences. Just ask Nano Magic. If you’re not online monitoring brand mentions, what...
Monitoring brand imagery and product name perception has always been important, but now it's crucial. Here's how a few CPG giants are making moves to reimagine their outdated brand imagery to recapture the hearts of today's consumers. What's in an image? Everything....