What is Social Media Intelligence?
The term social media intelligence was advanced in a 2012 paper written by Sir David Omand, Jamie Bartlett and Carl Miller for the Centre for the Analysis of Social Media, at the London-based think tank.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social Media Intelligence are the collective tools and solutions that enable organizations to monitor social channels and conversations.
- The most common uses are – brand health, competitive analysis, and crisis management.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
It's all about being ready
Being prepared for the worst is your best chance to avoid it happening in the first place. Here’s how:
- Stay in the know – a single negative tweet isn’t a crisis, but ignoring it could turn it into one. Pay attention to the little things and solve problems while they’re small enough to be solved; set up alerts to notify you of highly negative keywords and trends.
- Establish a baseline – you can’t know if sentiment is off unless you know where you stand on a typical day, so you’ve got to track overall brand health, core issues, and emerging themes regularly.
- Establish a Social Crisis Plan – everyone should know their role if a crisis unfolds. Develop a repeatable framework and process for handling future events. Identify areas of success and opportunities for improvement. And systematize it.
Social Media Intelligence
Competitive intelligence is any bit of intel that gives your brand an edge over the competition. And having a large dataset of social conversations and the ability to slice and dice the data to get to the roots of trends or brand shortcomings is indispensable in...
Being on top of the metrics that matter to your brand is a great feeling, and it certainly applies to your brand’s social media efforts. Positioning your brand for maximum efficiency online not only helps eliminate wasted time, but parlays into an increased social...
The pandemic has been hard on consumers financially. Many are out of work and none are overly eager to spend on holiday sales this Labor Day. And this is why there’s a very wise push for brands to help consumers shop for jobs instead of sales today. And one company is...