What is Social Media Intelligence?
The term social media intelligence was advanced in a 2012 paper written by Sir David Omand, Jamie Bartlett and Carl Miller for the Centre for the Analysis of Social Media, at the London-based think tank.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social Media Intelligence are the collective tools and solutions that enable organizations to monitor social channels and conversations.
- The most common uses are – brand health, competitive analysis, and #c70ce47c0c68" style=" color: #c01823; text-decoration: underline;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">crisis management.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
It's all about being ready
Being prepared for the worst is your best chance to avoid it happening in the first place. Here’s how:
- Stay in the know – a single negative tweet isn’t a crisis, but ignoring it could turn it into one. Pay attention to the little things and solve problems while they’re small enough to be solved; set up alerts to notify you of highly negative keywords and trends.
- Establish a baseline – you can’t know if sentiment is off unless you know where you stand on a typical day, so you’ve got to track overall brand health, core issues, and emerging themes regularly.
- Establish a Social Crisis Plan – everyone should know their role if a crisis unfolds. Develop a repeatable framework and process for handling future events. Identify areas of success and opportunities for improvement. And systematize it.
Social Media Intelligence
Wondering how to conduct a social media audit? We have everything you need to help you stay on top of the metrics that matter; elements that are key to increasing your brand's share of voice online. Positioning your brand for maximum efficiency online not only helps...
Consumer intelligence helps brands design exceptional campaign strategies. With it, brands can connect with consumers on a deeper, much more personalized level; measure ongoing efforts against previous campaigns; and, immediately understand what’s working, what could...
Employees are the lifeblood of any brand, and keeping them safe, happy and productive is crucial for continued success. Doing so presents a golden opportunity as employees love to talk about who they work for and what they do. Turning that trait into a strong employee...