What is Social Media Intelligence?
The term social media intelligence was advanced in a 2012 paper written by Sir David Omand, Jamie Bartlett and Carl Miller for the Centre for the Analysis of Social Media, at the London-based think tank.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social Media Intelligence are the collective tools and solutions that enable organizations to monitor social channels and conversations.
- The most common uses are – brand health, competitive analysis, and #c70ce47c0c68" style=" color: #c01823; text-decoration: underline;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">crisis management.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
It's all about being ready
Being prepared for the worst is your best chance to avoid it happening in the first place. Here’s how:
- Stay in the know – a single negative tweet isn’t a crisis, but ignoring it could turn it into one. Pay attention to the little things and solve problems while they’re small enough to be solved; set up alerts to notify you of highly negative keywords and trends.
- Establish a baseline – you can’t know if sentiment is off unless you know where you stand on a typical day, so you’ve got to track overall brand health, core issues, and emerging themes regularly.
- Establish a Social Crisis Plan – everyone should know their role if a crisis unfolds. Develop a repeatable framework and process for handling future events. Identify areas of success and opportunities for improvement. And systematize it.
Social Media Intelligence
Standing out from competitors today requires strategic marketing informed by digital consumer intelligence. Leading brands in every category rely on its insight every day - and your brand should be too! Digital consumer intelligence is a brand's everything - and we...
People are loving the yesteryear throwback experience that drive-ins are offering, but what does it mean for brands? And with old becoming new, with a technological twist, how can/should brands rethink their marketing strategies? Recognizing that drive-in theaters and...
With hit after hit coming hard at society, it is crucial for brands to be perceived as supportive/understanding. It's also important for that brand perception to be solidly established ahead of a crisis. At times like these, brand perception is more important than...