What is Social Media Intelligence?
The term social media intelligence was advanced in a 2012 paper written by Sir David Omand, Jamie Bartlett and Carl Miller for the Centre for the Analysis of Social Media, at the London-based think tank.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social Media Intelligence are the collective tools and solutions that enable organizations to monitor social channels and conversations.
- The most common uses are – brand health, competitive analysis, and #c70ce47c0c68" style=" color: #c01823; text-decoration: underline;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">crisis management.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
- Social Media Intelligence became mainstream in 2012.
- 86% of U.S. adults engage with social media. The most popular being Facebook.
- The 72% of companies use social technologies, but few are achieving the full potential benefit.
It's all about being ready
Being prepared for the worst is your best chance to avoid it happening in the first place. Here’s how:
- Stay in the know – a single negative tweet isn’t a crisis, but ignoring it could turn it into one. Pay attention to the little things and solve problems while they’re small enough to be solved; set up alerts to notify you of highly negative keywords and trends.
- Establish a baseline – you can’t know if sentiment is off unless you know where you stand on a typical day, so you’ve got to track overall brand health, core issues, and emerging themes regularly.
- Establish a Social Crisis Plan – everyone should know their role if a crisis unfolds. Develop a repeatable framework and process for handling future events. Identify areas of success and opportunities for improvement. And systematize it.
Social Media Intelligence
25 Influential US Women on Twitter
Social media is THE place to get recommendations for products, test the social waters of opinion and discover emerging trends among consumers. Monitoring it for influencer marketing strategy is vital for knowing which way the wind blows – especially when preparing for...
The TikTok Effect: Monitoring Trends to Reach Gen Z
To understand Generation Z, start by tossing out any preconceptions. Their range of interests is extensive and can be seen quite clearly with social media listening. But you need to be listening! They love a good viral dance, sure - but did you know they're also very...
The Top Business Intelligence Priorities for Brands Worldwide
Every business is global these days – the pandemic and accelerated digital transformation has seen to that. Connecting with customers requires brands have clarity around top business intelligence priorities and solid consumer market research backing up their...