What is Social Media Intelligence?
The term social media intelligence was advanced in a 2012 paper written by Sir David Omand, Jamie Bartlett and Carl Miller for the Centre for the Analysis of Social Media, at the London-based think tank.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social Media Intelligence are the collective tools and solutions that enable organizations to monitor social channels and conversations.
- The most common uses are – brand health, competitive analysis, and #c70ce47c0c68" style=" color: #c01823; text-decoration: underline;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">crisis management.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
It's all about being ready
Being prepared for the worst is your best chance to avoid it happening in the first place. Here’s how:
- Stay in the know – a single negative tweet isn’t a crisis, but ignoring it could turn it into one. Pay attention to the little things and solve problems while they’re small enough to be solved; set up alerts to notify you of highly negative keywords and trends.
- Establish a baseline – you can’t know if sentiment is off unless you know where you stand on a typical day, so you’ve got to track overall brand health, core issues, and emerging themes regularly.
- Establish a Social Crisis Plan – everyone should know their role if a crisis unfolds. Develop a repeatable framework and process for handling future events. Identify areas of success and opportunities for improvement. And systematize it.
Social Media Intelligence
Sometimes the next big thing for a brand is found in the places where there is a small amount of buzz, but not enough to make it immediately identifiable. Having the right social analytics can show you how to spot white space and what to do with it! Sometimes all you...
Podcasting has seen steamrolling growth over the last few years. And despite COVID, is looking to still hit sizeable growth for 2020. It has definitely captured brands’ attention, as we see many adjusting their marketing strategies and finding new purchasers on...
There's a disconnect when comparing consumer reports and surveys against consumer sentiment. And brands need to pay close attention to it! In this article we’ll explore: Surveys vs. sentiment and why they both matter to the reputation of your business Why it is that...