What is Social Media Intelligence?
The term social media intelligence was advanced in a 2012 paper written by Sir David Omand, Jamie Bartlett and Carl Miller for the Centre for the Analysis of Social Media, at the London-based think tank.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social Media Intelligence are the collective tools and solutions that enable organizations to monitor social channels and conversations.
- The most common uses are – brand health, competitive analysis, and #c70ce47c0c68" style=" color: #c01823; text-decoration: underline;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">crisis management.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
It's all about being ready
Being prepared for the worst is your best chance to avoid it happening in the first place. Here's how:
- Stay in the know – a single negative tweet isn’t a crisis, but ignoring it could turn it into one. Pay attention to the little things and solve problems while they're small enough to be solved; set up alerts to notify you of highly negative keywords and trends.
- Establish a baseline – you can’t know if sentiment is off unless you know where you stand on a typical day, so you’ve got to track overall brand health, core issues, and emerging themes regularly.
- Establish a Social Crisis Plan – everyone should know their role if a crisis unfolds. Develop a repeatable framework and process for handling future events. Identify areas of success and opportunities for improvement. And systematize it.
Social Media Intelligence
The internet is in everything these days, from thermostats to doorbells and everything in between. But with privacy concerns, security and functionality issues, consumers have a love/hate relationship with smart home gadgets. So, do smart home integrations make...
Beyond the Tiger King, which was the year's most captivating show hands down, there have been a bunch of others that you may not heard of - and should. Relating to consumers means speaking their language and there's a show out there for every audience segment. We're...
With so many competing interests talking loudly online right now, brands must be able to nimbly market across diverse segments, and this requires monitoring consumers’ social mood around a variety of topics. And right now, the COVID-19 vaccine is chief among them....