What is Social Media Intelligence?
The term social media intelligence was advanced in a 2012 paper written by Sir David Omand, Jamie Bartlett and Carl Miller for the Centre for the Analysis of Social Media, at the London-based think tank.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social Media Intelligence are the collective tools and solutions that enable organizations to monitor social channels and conversations.
- The most common uses are – brand health, competitive analysis, and #c70ce47c0c68" style=" color: #c01823; text-decoration: underline;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">crisis management.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
It's all about being ready
Being prepared for the worst is your best chance to avoid it happening in the first place. Here’s how:
- Stay in the know – a single negative tweet isn’t a crisis, but ignoring it could turn it into one. Pay attention to the little things and solve problems while they’re small enough to be solved; set up alerts to notify you of highly negative keywords and trends.
- Establish a baseline – you can’t know if sentiment is off unless you know where you stand on a typical day, so you’ve got to track overall brand health, core issues, and emerging themes regularly.
- Establish a Social Crisis Plan – everyone should know their role if a crisis unfolds. Develop a repeatable framework and process for handling future events. Identify areas of success and opportunities for improvement. And systematize it.
Social Media Intelligence
Huda launched her brand, Huda Beauty, in 2013 with the help of her sisters, and the brand practically exploded overnight due to Huda’s online fanbase from her blog and social media channels. Huda Beauty’s Instagram is an Influencer Marketing success story since the...
Too much of a good thing can be ... well, too much. Social media listening is a goldmine for brands tuning in to the voice of the consumer, but with so much online chatter it can be a daunting task to get to the insights that matter. There are now over 474,000 tweets...
As we come out of this pandemic, capturing consumer and market intelligence is a top priority for businesses. Understanding the shifts that are happening across categories worldwide is mission-critical and we uncover how industry leaders are doing this in our 2020...