What is Social Media Intelligence?
The term social media intelligence was advanced in a 2012 paper written by Sir David Omand, Jamie Bartlett and Carl Miller for the Centre for the Analysis of Social Media, at the London-based think tank.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social Media Intelligence are the collective tools and solutions that enable organizations to monitor social channels and conversations.
- The most common uses are – brand health, competitive analysis, and #c70ce47c0c68" style=" color: #c01823; text-decoration: underline;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">crisis management.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
It's all about being ready
Being prepared for the worst is your best chance to avoid it happening in the first place. Here’s how:
- Stay in the know – a single negative tweet isn’t a crisis, but ignoring it could turn it into one. Pay attention to the little things and solve problems while they’re small enough to be solved; set up alerts to notify you of highly negative keywords and trends.
- Establish a baseline – you can’t know if sentiment is off unless you know where you stand on a typical day, so you’ve got to track overall brand health, core issues, and emerging themes regularly.
- Establish a Social Crisis Plan – everyone should know their role if a crisis unfolds. Develop a repeatable framework and process for handling future events. Identify areas of success and opportunities for improvement. And systematize it.
Social Media Intelligence
With over two billion users, Instagram is a social force to be reckoned with. And now with Instagram Reels, brands have the fantastic opportunity to get in front of their audience in a creative and fun way. Interestingly, people have a love/hate with Reels, as they...
Amazon Prime Days have become an online phenomenon, with brands, influencers, and consumers all eager to cash in on the enormous deals and traffic the multi-day event attracts. We have a roundup of top products this year, and an overview of previous years below!...
How can brands benchmark their social media performance? This leads to a whole host of additional questions – which we’ll be examining in the post below! So, which social media metrics are important, and why do some industries perform better than others? And which...