What is Social Media Intelligence?
The term social media intelligence was advanced in a 2012 paper written by Sir David Omand, Jamie Bartlett and Carl Miller for the Centre for the Analysis of Social Media, at the London-based think tank.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social Media Intelligence are the collective tools and solutions that enable organizations to monitor social channels and conversations.
- The most common uses are – brand health, competitive analysis, and crisis management.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
It's all about being ready
Being prepared for the worst is your best chance to avoid it happening in the first place. Here’s how:
- Stay in the know – a single negative tweet isn’t a crisis, but ignoring it could turn it into one. Pay attention to the little things and solve problems while they’re small enough to be solved; set up alerts to notify you of highly negative keywords and trends.
- Establish a baseline – you can’t know if sentiment is off unless you know where you stand on a typical day, so you’ve got to track overall brand health, core issues, and emerging themes regularly.
- Establish a Social Crisis Plan – everyone should know their role if a crisis unfolds. Develop a repeatable framework and process for handling future events. Identify areas of success and opportunities for improvement. And systematize it.
Social Media Intelligence
Purchasing from mobile phones has become the new norm for consumers, so much so that mcommerce (mobile commerce) is set to dominate UK ecommerce retail sales in the coming months. Time to rethink your responsive website design? Possibly. But there's much more to...
Consumer understanding will make or break a business right now. The stakes are too high to take risks with less than accurate intel, and this is a challenge many brands face. And this is why top brands and agencies are ecstatic over the nuanced and unanticipated...
Microsoft is shutting down its popular streaming service, Mixer, and releasing its star streamers as free agents out into the online world. These streamers’ massive influence has led them to reject lucrative deals and speaks to how massively popular online gaming has...