What is Social Media Intelligence?
The term social media intelligence was advanced in a 2012 paper written by Sir David Omand, Jamie Bartlett and Carl Miller for the Centre for the Analysis of Social Media, at the London-based think tank.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social Media Intelligence are the collective tools and solutions that enable organizations to monitor social channels and conversations.
- The most common uses are – brand health, competitive analysis, and #c70ce47c0c68" style=" color: #c01823; text-decoration: underline;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">crisis management.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
It's all about being ready
Being prepared for the worst is your best chance to avoid it happening in the first place. Here’s how:
- Stay in the know – a single negative tweet isn’t a crisis, but ignoring it could turn it into one. Pay attention to the little things and solve problems while they’re small enough to be solved; set up alerts to notify you of highly negative keywords and trends.
- Establish a baseline – you can’t know if sentiment is off unless you know where you stand on a typical day, so you’ve got to track overall brand health, core issues, and emerging themes regularly.
- Establish a Social Crisis Plan – everyone should know their role if a crisis unfolds. Develop a repeatable framework and process for handling future events. Identify areas of success and opportunities for improvement. And systematize it.
Social Media Intelligence
Just ahead of the inauguration, the Biden/Harris administration are encouraging a day of service on Martin Luther King Jr. Day. And it's something everyone can agree is well timed and needed. Let's see how it's playing out across the United States and ways different...
Influencer marketing is growing, with an average return of $5.20 on every $1 spent. And it has become the top way to reach Gen Z, as 74% of this group spend five hours or more online per day. And with a combined total of $44 billion in buying power, brands need to be...
Connecting culturally hinges on understanding important takeaways around “why”- through accurate, transparent next-generation AI-powered social listening. Here, we’ll delve into one of the sessions from our recent NetBase Quid LIVE 2020 event for insights into...