What is Social Media Intelligence?
The term social media intelligence was advanced in a 2012 paper written by Sir David Omand, Jamie Bartlett and Carl Miller for the Centre for the Analysis of Social Media, at the London-based think tank.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social Media Intelligence are the collective tools and solutions that enable organizations to monitor social channels and conversations.
- The most common uses are – brand health, competitive analysis, and crisis management.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
It's all about being ready
Being prepared for the worst is your best chance to avoid it happening in the first place. Here’s how:
- Stay in the know – a single negative tweet isn’t a crisis, but ignoring it could turn it into one. Pay attention to the little things and solve problems while they’re small enough to be solved; set up alerts to notify you of highly negative keywords and trends.
- Establish a baseline – you can’t know if sentiment is off unless you know where you stand on a typical day, so you’ve got to track overall brand health, core issues, and emerging themes regularly.
- Establish a Social Crisis Plan – everyone should know their role if a crisis unfolds. Develop a repeatable framework and process for handling future events. Identify areas of success and opportunities for improvement. And systematize it.
Social Media Intelligence
Every brand has a marketing stack, aka Martech Tool Stack that they use to run campaigns and track measurable marketing outcomes. But not every brand has a good handle on what these tools are. This is something many brands are realizing as they strive to consolidate...
Is your brand on track to best the competition as we round out 2020? Many marketers are relying on advanced social media analytics intel combined with powerful social media listening capabilities to inform strategy. How does that look exactly? We’ve uncovered that and...
TikTok took advantage of the viral, short video market that musical.ly uncovered in a way that has competitors racing to catch up. But as TikTok continues to grow, do these competitors have much of chance? With a video-focused approach, TikTok is the app to beat....