What is Social Media Intelligence?
The term social media intelligence was advanced in a 2012 paper written by Sir David Omand, Jamie Bartlett and Carl Miller for the Centre for the Analysis of Social Media, at the London-based think tank.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social Media Intelligence are the collective tools and solutions that enable organizations to monitor social channels and conversations.
- The most common uses are – brand health, competitive analysis, and #c70ce47c0c68" style=" color: #c01823; text-decoration: underline;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">crisis management.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
It's all about being ready
Being prepared for the worst is your best chance to avoid it happening in the first place. Here’s how:
- Stay in the know – a single negative tweet isn’t a crisis, but ignoring it could turn it into one. Pay attention to the little things and solve problems while they’re small enough to be solved; set up alerts to notify you of highly negative keywords and trends.
- Establish a baseline – you can’t know if sentiment is off unless you know where you stand on a typical day, so you’ve got to track overall brand health, core issues, and emerging themes regularly.
- Establish a Social Crisis Plan – everyone should know their role if a crisis unfolds. Develop a repeatable framework and process for handling future events. Identify areas of success and opportunities for improvement. And systematize it.
Social Media Intelligence
When brand opportunities or emerging crises happen, they do so quickly and companies must be ready to capture and act upon this insight in real-time. These things rarely announce themselves days ahead of time. Market intelligence helps brands keep pace with, and even...
Every bit of consumer insight must be wrapped in context, or you’re guessing at its intent and your brand is missing out on the nuanced (and always surprising) global conversation. Without this contextual analysis, your market research is pretty worthless - and there...
Reddit isn’t where you go to share puppy pictures with your friends and family. It’s where users congregate with like-minded individuals over mutual interests. It’s where people go to explore the topics that align with their values – and share memes. Across any...