What is Social Media Intelligence?
The term social media intelligence was advanced in a 2012 paper written by Sir David Omand, Jamie Bartlett and Carl Miller for the Centre for the Analysis of Social Media, at the London-based think tank.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social Media Intelligence are the collective tools and solutions that enable organizations to monitor social channels and conversations.
- The most common uses are – brand health, competitive analysis, and #c70ce47c0c68" style=" color: #c01823; text-decoration: underline;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">crisis management.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
It's all about being ready
Being prepared for the worst is your best chance to avoid it happening in the first place. Here’s how:
- Stay in the know – a single negative tweet isn’t a crisis, but ignoring it could turn it into one. Pay attention to the little things and solve problems while they’re small enough to be solved; set up alerts to notify you of highly negative keywords and trends.
- Establish a baseline – you can’t know if sentiment is off unless you know where you stand on a typical day, so you’ve got to track overall brand health, core issues, and emerging themes regularly.
- Establish a Social Crisis Plan – everyone should know their role if a crisis unfolds. Develop a repeatable framework and process for handling future events. Identify areas of success and opportunities for improvement. And systematize it.
Social Media Intelligence
While it is true that PR is now much better equipped to protect the brand, the communicator’s job hasn’t necessarily become easier. The increasing complexity of the media landscape has been a top-3 challenge for PR in 2022, in fact. And it’s time to address these...
Market intelligence helps brands keep pace with, and even ahead of, ever-changing market conditions. And we’ll show you how! Although it’s only one tool in your marketing metrics arsenal, market intelligence is one that you’ll want to keep updated and in good working...
Positioning your brand for maximum impact with consumers online is a must, and that means auditing your activity is essential. A social media audit helps eliminate wasted time, and it also increases ROI by building upon what works and discarding what does not. Let’s...