What is Social Media Intelligence?
The term social media intelligence was advanced in a 2012 paper written by Sir David Omand, Jamie Bartlett and Carl Miller for the Centre for the Analysis of Social Media, at the London-based think tank.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social Media Intelligence are the collective tools and solutions that enable organizations to monitor social channels and conversations.
- The most common uses are – brand health, competitive analysis, and #c70ce47c0c68" style=" color: #c01823; text-decoration: underline;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">crisis management.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
- Social Media Intelligence became mainstream in 2012.
- 86% of U.S. adults engage with social media. The most popular being Facebook.
- The 72% of companies use social technologies, but few are achieving the full potential benefit.
It's all about being ready
Being prepared for the worst is your best chance to avoid it happening in the first place. Here’s how:
- Stay in the know – a single negative tweet isn’t a crisis, but ignoring it could turn it into one. Pay attention to the little things and solve problems while they’re small enough to be solved; set up alerts to notify you of highly negative keywords and trends.
- Establish a baseline – you can’t know if sentiment is off unless you know where you stand on a typical day, so you’ve got to track overall brand health, core issues, and emerging themes regularly.
- Establish a Social Crisis Plan – everyone should know their role if a crisis unfolds. Develop a repeatable framework and process for handling future events. Identify areas of success and opportunities for improvement. And systematize it.
Social Media Intelligence
Speed to Insight is the Entertainment Game Changer
Data analysis is essential for any business hoping to succeed in a world of fickle consumers and constantly shifting audience segments. Having predictive analytics, companies can capture consumer insights that keeps ideation ahead of, or at least at pace with,...
Was sind Marktinformationen?
Marktintelligenz hilft Marken, mit den sich ständig ändernden Marktbedingungen Schritt zu halten und ihnen sogar voraus zu sein. Und wir zeigen Ihnen wie! Obwohl es nur ein Instrument in Ihrem Arsenal an Marketingmetriken ist, ist die Marktforschung eines, das Sie...
What Brands Learn from a Social Media Audit
The internet has exploded with social forums and platforms; there is no lack of online avenues to advertise to the masses. But with your brand spread out between Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Twitter, Reddit, and more--how do you effectively and sufficiently track your...