What is Social Media Intelligence?
The term social media intelligence was advanced in a 2012 paper written by Sir David Omand, Jamie Bartlett and Carl Miller for the Centre for the Analysis of Social Media, at the London-based think tank.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social Media Intelligence are the collective tools and solutions that enable organizations to monitor social channels and conversations.
- The most common uses are – brand health, competitive analysis, and #c70ce47c0c68" style=" color: #c01823; text-decoration: underline;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">crisis management.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
It's all about being ready
Being prepared for the worst is your best chance to avoid it happening in the first place. Here’s how:
- Stay in the know – a single negative tweet isn’t a crisis, but ignoring it could turn it into one. Pay attention to the little things and solve problems while they’re small enough to be solved; set up alerts to notify you of highly negative keywords and trends.
- Establish a baseline – you can’t know if sentiment is off unless you know where you stand on a typical day, so you’ve got to track overall brand health, core issues, and emerging themes regularly.
- Establish a Social Crisis Plan – everyone should know their role if a crisis unfolds. Develop a repeatable framework and process for handling future events. Identify areas of success and opportunities for improvement. And systematize it.
Social Media Intelligence
Social media intelligence is very different from other marketing intelligence. It's real-time, raw nature makes it exceptionally valuable to brands in every category - and we're about to show you why, with some examples of it in action! Here are some stats to keep top...
Market intelligence helps brands keep pace with, and even ahead of, ever-changing market conditions. And when brand opportunities or emerging crises happen, they do so quickly - being ready to capture and act upon this insight in real-time is crucial. Although it's...
Positioning your brand for maximum efficiency online not only helps eliminate wasted time, but parlays into an increased social media ROI by building upon what works – and discarding what does not. So, if you're feeling a little shaky about your online activities,...