What is Social Media Intelligence?
The term social media intelligence was advanced in a 2012 paper written by Sir David Omand, Jamie Bartlett and Carl Miller for the Centre for the Analysis of Social Media, at the London-based think tank.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social Media Intelligence are the collective tools and solutions that enable organizations to monitor social channels and conversations.
- The most common uses are – brand health, competitive analysis, and #c70ce47c0c68" style=" color: #c01823; text-decoration: underline;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">crisis management.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
It's all about being ready
Being prepared for the worst is your best chance to avoid it happening in the first place. Here’s how:
- Stay in the know – a single negative tweet isn’t a crisis, but ignoring it could turn it into one. Pay attention to the little things and solve problems while they’re small enough to be solved; set up alerts to notify you of highly negative keywords and trends.
- Establish a baseline – you can’t know if sentiment is off unless you know where you stand on a typical day, so you’ve got to track overall brand health, core issues, and emerging themes regularly.
- Establish a Social Crisis Plan – everyone should know their role if a crisis unfolds. Develop a repeatable framework and process for handling future events. Identify areas of success and opportunities for improvement. And systematize it.
Social Media Intelligence
Healthcare concerns are no longer top of mind with consumers, who are understandably distracted by other worrisome events in the world. And along with this shift in focus comes the reemergence of a disinterested skepticism of everything Pharma offers. Reviving...
With a platform as big as Facebook, you’ll want to be sure your social media monitoring tools are search-savvy to locate what you need to inform your marketing strategy. We have gathered a list of Facebook-focused tools to help you on your way. Launched in 2004,...
Reddit is the quirky anomaly among social media platforms for sure. Many brands still don’t quite understand how to approach Reddit – and if that’s you, you’re missing out. Of course, you can’t go guns blazing on your marketing messaging like you would on Twitter,...