What is Social Media Intelligence?
The term social media intelligence was advanced in a 2012 paper written by Sir David Omand, Jamie Bartlett and Carl Miller for the Centre for the Analysis of Social Media, at the London-based think tank.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social Media Intelligence are the collective tools and solutions that enable organizations to monitor social channels and conversations.
- The most common uses are – brand health, competitive analysis, and crisis management.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
It's all about being ready
Being prepared for the worst is your best chance to avoid it happening in the first place. Here’s how:
- Stay in the know – a single negative tweet isn’t a crisis, but ignoring it could turn it into one. Pay attention to the little things and solve problems while they’re small enough to be solved; set up alerts to notify you of highly negative keywords and trends.
- Establish a baseline – you can’t know if sentiment is off unless you know where you stand on a typical day, so you’ve got to track overall brand health, core issues, and emerging themes regularly.
- Establish a Social Crisis Plan – everyone should know their role if a crisis unfolds. Develop a repeatable framework and process for handling future events. Identify areas of success and opportunities for improvement. And systematize it.
Social Media Intelligence
Trends come and go at the speed of social. And with rapidly shifting consumer moods compounded by 2.5 quintillion bytes of data created every single day, brand marketers face a daunting challenge. They must sift through that noise and figure out which trends are here...
Consumers rule online, but they move in waves, following each other’s lead and that of influencers who have earned their respect. Your brand needs to use social media monitoring to identify relevant influencers for this reason alone, as influencers are essential to...
Consumer trends are everything – and Quid Social captures emerging trends that consumers are eying up ahead of them hitting prime time. It’s so important to be on that level right now, and we’re going to show you how it’s done! We’ll take a look at three brands making...