What is Social Listening?
Tuning into what consumers are saying tells you everything you could ever need to know about your audience – allowing you to say exactly the right thing when you speak.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social media listening is searching the web and the social space to see what’s being said about your company, your competitors and other topics of interest.
- There are dozens of different ways to use social listening for your business.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
What is "Social Listening" for
Are demographics useless then? No – but they’re not the end-all-be-all. Demographics give you a starting point – that audience you assume you have. But when you delve into psychographic attributes you’re often surprised to discover your audience is more expansive than you realized.
How to gain better results with Social Listening?
- Segments of “feel-alike” users – those with shared interests they are passionate about, because emotion is what drives social sharing.
- Which channels your audience is most active on – they might not be the ones you expect.
- The content, topics, and trends your audience can’t help but interact with and share.
- Who your Advocates and Influencers are that drive the most engagement.
- Where is the most opportunity to connect with audiences psychographic attributes.
Social Listening Articles
When analyzing consumer sentiment, there’s one thing that can often skew your results: sarcasm. But with the right social listening tools, you can get an accurate read of user' intent to inform your actions. Navigating social nuances On Twitter, sarcasm and snark...
There are many ways to make your marketing team the most efficient in the business, but some technologies are essential. When asked what kinds of tech belong on every business's marketing wishlist, three non-negotiables spring to mind: 1. Robust email/task management...
It might seem ironic, but the key to marketing in the digital age lies in brands acting more human. But how do you establish emotional connections with perfect strangers on social? By letting them lead. Power shift There was a time when it made sense to think of your...