What is Social Listening?
Tuning into what consumers are saying tells you everything you could ever need to know about your audience – allowing you to say exactly the right thing when you speak.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social media listening is searching the web and the social space to see what’s being said about your company, your competitors and other topics of interest.
- There are dozens of different ways to use social listening for your business.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
What is "Social Listening" for
Are demographics useless then? No – but they’re not the end-all-be-all. Demographics give you a starting point – that audience you assume you have. But when you delve into psychographic attributes you’re often surprised to discover your audience is more expansive than you realized.
How to gain better results with Social Listening?
- Segments of “feel-alike” users – those with shared interests they are passionate about, because emotion is what drives social sharing.
- Which channels your audience is most active on – they might not be the ones you expect.
- The content, topics, and trends your audience can’t help but interact with and share.
- Who your Advocates and Influencers are that drive the most engagement.
- Where is the most opportunity to connect with audiences psychographic attributes.
Social Listening Articles
Our last piece on social segmenting talked about the overall purpose and concept of segmenting your social audience. Now let's look at how to go further for amazing results. Start with your brand Your starting point is your brand – and those who are liking,...
Marketing is most effective when it's specifically and personally targeted to your intended audience. With social segmentation, that means breaking down the whole into "feel-alike" chunks. Here's how: Tune in to audience conversations What consumers talk about...
Whether you're a thought leader who wants to be quoted in Forbes, or a brand looking for a shout-out in a popular consumer review blog, you've got to walk a fine line when approaching the media. The good news is, social listening gives you all the insights you need to...