What is Social Listening?
Tuning into what consumers are saying tells you everything you could ever need to know about your audience – allowing you to say exactly the right thing when you speak.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social media listening is searching the web and the social space to see what’s being said about your company, your competitors and other topics of interest.
- There are dozens of different ways to use social listening for your business.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
What is "Social Listening" for
Are demographics useless then? No – but they're not the end-all-be-all. Demographics give you a starting point – that audience you assume you have. But when you delve into psychographic attributes you’re often surprised to discover your audience is more expansive than you realized.
How to gain better results with Social Listening?
- Segments of "feel-alike" users – those with shared interests they are passionate about, because emotion is what drives social sharing.
- Which channels your audience is most active on – they might not be the ones you expect.
- The content, topics, and trends your audience can't help but interact with and share.
- Who your Advocates and Influencers are that drive the most engagement.
- Where is the most opportunity to connect with audiences psychographic attributes.
Social Listening Articles
As social marketing continues to evolve, trends pop up that brands and marketers often scramble to incorporate. But without social listening as your compass, you won't gain anything from a trend – and may even damage brand health. Here are some examples. Telling...
When social media burst onto the scene a few shorts years ago, its potential was clear but unproven. Could paying attention to this constant stream of consumer data make a difference to brands and marketers? Absolutely. Here are three ways social listening is changing...
It doesn't matter how great your brand is if consumers don't "get" you or your messaging. If perception is reality (and it is), a killer brand identity is crucial to your success. Here's how to use social listening to nail it down. Who are you talking to? Yes, it's...