What is Social Listening?
Tuning into what consumers are saying tells you everything you could ever need to know about your audience – allowing you to say exactly the right thing when you speak.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social media listening is searching the web and the social space to see what’s being said about your company, your competitors and other topics of interest.
- There are dozens of different ways to use social listening for your business.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
What is "Social Listening" for
Are demographics useless then? No – but they’re not the end-all-be-all. Demographics give you a starting point – that audience you assume you have. But when you delve into psychographic attributes you’re often surprised to discover your audience is more expansive than you realized.
How to gain better results with Social Listening?
- Segments of “feel-alike” users – those with shared interests they are passionate about, because emotion is what drives social sharing.
- Which channels your audience is most active on – they might not be the ones you expect.
- The content, topics, and trends your audience can’t help but interact with and share.
- Who your Advocates and Influencers are that drive the most engagement.
- Where is the most opportunity to connect with audiences psychographic attributes.
Social Listening Articles
It is important for brands to identify their ‘tribes’ early on. These are the people who clamor for your offering and can even be turned into a loyal group of brand ambassadors, assuming you play your marketing cards right! And finding them is the work of netnography...
Instagram is more than just a place to strike a pose – it's a platform where consumers hang out with their friends, post well-lit photos using filters, come to the aid of equality and strive for social justice. However, they’re also there for the goods and they love...
Every year around this time, online experiences a fever pitch of posts sharing Earth Day hopes and promises for a better tomorrow. And each time, more brands and the people who love them become invested in becoming part of that change in meaningful ways. And this is...