What is Social Listening?
Tuning into what consumers are saying tells you everything you could ever need to know about your audience – allowing you to say exactly the right thing when you speak.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social media listening is searching the web and the social space to see what’s being said about your company, your competitors and other topics of interest.
- There are dozens of different ways to use social listening for your business.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
What is "Social Listening" for
Are demographics useless then? No – but they’re not the end-all-be-all. Demographics give you a starting point – that audience you assume you have. But when you delve into psychographic attributes you’re often surprised to discover your audience is more expansive than you realized.
How to gain better results with Social Listening?
- Segments of “feel-alike” users – those with shared interests they are passionate about, because emotion is what drives social sharing.
- Which channels your audience is most active on – they might not be the ones you expect.
- The content, topics, and trends your audience can’t help but interact with and share.
- Who your Advocates and Influencers are that drive the most engagement.
- Where is the most opportunity to connect with audiences psychographic attributes.
Social Listening Articles
Consumers are calling brands to action, and there has been a significant cultural shift from “I’ language to “we,” and with it, a social solidarity with brands matching their values. Many brands have learned to listen to this seismic shift using social listening. And...
Consumer sentiment often follows the news cycle, but not always. And it's important for brands to capture distinct consumer and news media conversations to see where those differences lie, as it can inform your next move. And particularly, in light of COVID, this...
Retailers are always on the lookout for a way to connect with consumers, and what better way than capturing their exact verbatims about your brand? Our "personal narrative" theme makes short work on this challenging goal, offering companies amazing insight into the...