What is Social Listening?
Tuning into what consumers are saying tells you everything you could ever need to know about your audience – allowing you to say exactly the right thing when you speak.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social media listening is searching the web and the social space to see what’s being said about your company, your competitors and other topics of interest.
- There are dozens of different ways to use social listening for your business.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
What is "Social Listening" for
Are demographics useless then? No – but they’re not the end-all-be-all. Demographics give you a starting point – that audience you assume you have. But when you delve into psychographic attributes you’re often surprised to discover your audience is more expansive than you realized.
How to gain better results with Social Listening?
- Segments of “feel-alike” users – those with shared interests they are passionate about, because emotion is what drives social sharing.
- Which channels your audience is most active on – they might not be the ones you expect.
- The content, topics, and trends your audience can’t help but interact with and share.
- Who your Advocates and Influencers are that drive the most engagement.
- Where is the most opportunity to connect with audiences psychographic attributes.
Social Listening Articles
Covid-weary consumers are seeking escapes from a problem filled year. Tired of sitting on their couch and watching the travel channel, they are instead making plans to finally stretch their legs. Social listening reveals bucket list travel is being booked by eager...
Brands must strive to exceed the expectations of an increasingly fickle consumer base - CX success depends on it. And this is why using social media listening to understand what experiences customers expect from your brand is crucial. The Justice League's "Snyder Cut"...
Tis’ the season for shopping, and reading the virtual room this holiday season is a must to inform exceptional sales! We have lots of great insight to share, including how to capture the social mood – and ways to use this insight to inform your next campaign. Buzz,...