What is Social Listening?
Tuning into what consumers are saying tells you everything you could ever need to know about your audience – allowing you to say exactly the right thing when you speak.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social media listening is searching the web and the social space to see what’s being said about your company, your competitors and other topics of interest.
- There are dozens of different ways to use social listening for your business.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
What is "Social Listening" for
Are demographics useless then? No – but they’re not the end-all-be-all. Demographics give you a starting point – that audience you assume you have. But when you delve into psychographic attributes you’re often surprised to discover your audience is more expansive than you realized.
How to gain better results with Social Listening?
- Segments of “feel-alike” users – those with shared interests they are passionate about, because emotion is what drives social sharing.
- Which channels your audience is most active on – they might not be the ones you expect.
- The content, topics, and trends your audience can’t help but interact with and share.
- Who your Advocates and Influencers are that drive the most engagement.
- Where is the most opportunity to connect with audiences psychographic attributes.
Social Listening Articles
Too Many Eggs in Your Social Listening Basket?
Understanding consumer conversation in any category is challenging. This challenge is compounded when brands need to capture insight about a specific topic that includes very general terms, as it requires analysts to sift through countless irrelevant mentions. We’ll...
Top 20 Social Listening Tools Are Transforming Marketing
Over the past few years, the market has been transformed with shifting consumer behaviors, challenging brands to keep up. And answering the call of this challenge is social listening. Social listening tools are transforming marketing, and we have 20 tools that are...
Limbik Leverages NetBase Quid® to Proactively Fight Disinformation
Billions of people have become heavily reliant on social media as their primary form of consuming news, and with this comes the increased threat of mis-/dis-/and malinformation (MDM) becoming part of everyday life. Virality of misinformation can spread simply from an...