What is Social Listening?
Tuning into what consumers are saying tells you everything you could ever need to know about your audience – allowing you to say exactly the right thing when you speak.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social media listening is searching the web and the social space to see what’s being said about your company, your competitors and other topics of interest.
- There are dozens of different ways to use social listening for your business.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
What is "Social Listening" for
Are demographics useless then? No – but they’re not the end-all-be-all. Demographics give you a starting point – that audience you assume you have. But when you delve into psychographic attributes you’re often surprised to discover your audience is more expansive than you realized.
How to gain better results with Social Listening?
- Segments of “feel-alike” users – those with shared interests they are passionate about, because emotion is what drives social sharing.
- Which channels your audience is most active on – they might not be the ones you expect.
- The content, topics, and trends your audience can’t help but interact with and share.
- Who your Advocates and Influencers are that drive the most engagement.
- Where is the most opportunity to connect with audiences psychographic attributes.
Social Listening Articles
Social media has revolutionized how we interact – and how we shop. Brands are watching closely, and have begun abandoning TV spots for online advertising. And social analytics is the key to its success. Popeye’s Halts TV Advertising After Online Success Popeyes...
Black Friday has become a holiday for the shopping obsessed, or the savings obsessed, whichever you’d call it. But the Black Friday in-store frenzies are fighting hard against Cyber Monday online savings. Which will win out? And why does this intel matter to brands?...
Kylie Jenner is an online powerhouse. Kylie doesn’t sell her cosmetics in stores – and she doesn’t overly promote her products online either. Yet, she sells out regularly. So, how can eCommerce brands #RiseAndShine like Kylie? Let’s find out! You can be sure Kylie’s...