What is Social Listening?
Tuning into what consumers are saying tells you everything you could ever need to know about your audience – allowing you to say exactly the right thing when you speak.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social media listening is searching the web and the social space to see what’s being said about your company, your competitors and other topics of interest.
- There are dozens of different ways to use social listening for your business.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
What is "Social Listening" for
Are demographics useless then? No – but they’re not the end-all-be-all. Demographics give you a starting point – that audience you assume you have. But when you delve into psychographic attributes you’re often surprised to discover your audience is more expansive than you realized.
How to gain better results with Social Listening?
- Segments of “feel-alike” users – those with shared interests they are passionate about, because emotion is what drives social sharing.
- Which channels your audience is most active on – they might not be the ones you expect.
- The content, topics, and trends your audience can’t help but interact with and share.
- Who your Advocates and Influencers are that drive the most engagement.
- Where is the most opportunity to connect with audiences psychographic attributes.
Social Listening Articles
Leveraging social media means being where your audience is – and for almost every brand or business in 2022, that means Instagram. This isn’t a shocking revelation when you consider how photo-obsessed we’ve become in the digital age – with every smartphone sporting...
As the world reimagines its love of travel after a challenging couple of years, we're seeing new hopes, challenges and desires emerge. And AI-powered social listening offers insight to help companies capture this leery segment by understanding purchase drivers for...
Consumers have always been the most important ingredient in any brand’s marketing mix, but in our post-COVID economy, consumers have recognized this power – and they’re wielding it. We see consumers calling the shots in our new predominantly digital landscape,...