What is Social Listening?
Tuning into what consumers are saying tells you everything you could ever need to know about your audience – allowing you to say exactly the right thing when you speak.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social media listening is searching the web and the social space to see what’s being said about your company, your competitors and other topics of interest.
- There are dozens of different ways to use social listening for your business.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
What is "Social Listening" for
Are demographics useless then? No – but they’re not the end-all-be-all. Demographics give you a starting point – that audience you assume you have. But when you delve into psychographic attributes you’re often surprised to discover your audience is more expansive than you realized.
How to gain better results with Social Listening?
- Segments of “feel-alike” users – those with shared interests they are passionate about, because emotion is what drives social sharing.
- Which channels your audience is most active on – they might not be the ones you expect.
- The content, topics, and trends your audience can’t help but interact with and share.
- Who your Advocates and Influencers are that drive the most engagement.
- Where is the most opportunity to connect with audiences psychographic attributes.
Social Listening Articles
The internet is in everything these days, from thermostats to doorbells and everything in between. But with privacy concerns, security and functionality issues, consumers have a love/hate relationship with smart home gadgets. So, do smart home integrations make...
‘Twas the night before switching our consumer and market intelligence tool, Finally finding transparency for our data pool. We were switching to NetBase Quid! The timing was right, Our brand’s efforts deserved this top-notch insight! “What made you choose...
KFC has the secret recipe for chicken and for advertising, which they’ve proven time and again. And with Lifetime Movies an established holiday staple, what better way to offer consumers what they crave than with a mini-movie featuring a sexy Colonel Sanders? Sound...