What is Social Listening?
Tuning into what consumers are saying tells you everything you could ever need to know about your audience – allowing you to say exactly the right thing when you speak.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social media listening is searching the web and the social space to see what’s being said about your company, your competitors and other topics of interest.
- There are dozens of different ways to use social listening for your business.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
What is "Social Listening" for
Are demographics useless then? No – but they’re not the end-all-be-all. Demographics give you a starting point – that audience you assume you have. But when you delve into psychographic attributes you’re often surprised to discover your audience is more expansive than you realized.
How to gain better results with Social Listening?
- Segments of “feel-alike” users – those with shared interests they are passionate about, because emotion is what drives social sharing.
- Which channels your audience is most active on – they might not be the ones you expect.
- The content, topics, and trends your audience can’t help but interact with and share.
- Who your Advocates and Influencers are that drive the most engagement.
- Where is the most opportunity to connect with audiences psychographic attributes.
Social Listening Articles
The Olympic games are finally here, and some fantastic stories are unfolding. Since consumer and media intelligence are the name of the game, we’ll be exploring how conversations are playing out over the next several weeks. Here, we’ll dive into some of the top...
Whether you are a brand intelligence wizard or just getting a grip on consumer and market intelligence, a grasp of emerging trends is always the next step forward. Why is that? Because emerging trends and themes always define the future, and brands and institutions...
After many years of battling for recognition, the gauntlet has been thrown, with consumers wanting brands to do better this Pride Month – and year-round. We’ll explore how the conversation has shifted, who is leading it, and will offer tips for brands that want to...