What is Social Listening?
Tuning into what consumers are saying tells you everything you could ever need to know about your audience – allowing you to say exactly the right thing when you speak.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social media listening is searching the web and the social space to see what’s being said about your company, your competitors and other topics of interest.
- There are dozens of different ways to use social listening for your business.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
What is "Social Listening" for
Are demographics useless then? No – but they're not the end-all-be-all. Demographics give you a starting point – that audience you assume you have. But when you delve into psychographic attributes you’re often surprised to discover your audience is more expansive than you realized.
How to gain better results with Social Listening?
- Segments of "feel-alike" users – those with shared interests they are passionate about, because emotion is what drives social sharing.
- Which channels your audience is most active on – they might not be the ones you expect.
- The content, topics, and trends your audience can't help but interact with and share.
- Who your Advocates and Influencers are that drive the most engagement.
- Where is the most opportunity to connect with audiences psychographic attributes.
Social Listening Articles
With a mission of “enabling everyone to be a creator, and encouraging users to share their passion and creative expression through their videos,” TikTok has become a favorite among Millennials and Gen Z, with over 1 billion downloads. So, why are they advertising when...
As climate change’s cataclysmic date with our own humanity looms greater on the horizon, with experts predicting that we have less than 20 years to reverse or limit our own effect on the planet, consumers are becoming increasingly aware of their ability to do good by...
Spring Break is time for college kids and families to escape for a bit from the stresses of everyday life, but sentiment around travel is a bit shaky this year. With social listening and market research, we’re seeing some stress accompanying the planning process right...