What is Social Listening?
Tuning into what consumers are saying tells you everything you could ever need to know about your audience – allowing you to say exactly the right thing when you speak.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social media listening is searching the web and the social space to see what’s being said about your company, your competitors and other topics of interest.
- There are dozens of different ways to use social listening for your business.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
What is "Social Listening" for
Are demographics useless then? No – but they’re not the end-all-be-all. Demographics give you a starting point – that audience you assume you have. But when you delve into psychographic attributes you’re often surprised to discover your audience is more expansive than you realized.
How to gain better results with Social Listening?
- Segments of “feel-alike” users – those with shared interests they are passionate about, because emotion is what drives social sharing.
- Which channels your audience is most active on – they might not be the ones you expect.
- The content, topics, and trends your audience can’t help but interact with and share.
- Who your Advocates and Influencers are that drive the most engagement.
- Where is the most opportunity to connect with audiences psychographic attributes.
Social Listening Articles
When something is trending online, savvy brands perform due diligence before hopping on board. And the savviest of all track a trend back to its origin with social listening. There’s just too much at stake otherwise. Let’s see how it looks and why you should strongly...
Sponsorships with sports teams or athletes offer amazing awareness opportunities for brands – and this doesn’t only apply to those offering athletic gear or sports drinks. How can your brand make the most of this NFL season, or any sports season, for that matter? We...
Does your brand have a handle on the social conversation happening around its Owned, Earned and Partnered content? It should! We’ll show you how it looks and why it’s mission critical to your brand’s online success. Why Converged Media Metrics are a Game Changer As...