What is Social Listening?
Tuning into what consumers are saying tells you everything you could ever need to know about your audience – allowing you to say exactly the right thing when you speak.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social media listening is searching the web and the social space to see what’s being said about your company, your competitors and other topics of interest.
- There are dozens of different ways to use social listening for your business.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
What is "Social Listening" for
Are demographics useless then? No – but they’re not the end-all-be-all. Demographics give you a starting point – that audience you assume you have. But when you delve into psychographic attributes you’re often surprised to discover your audience is more expansive than you realized.
How to gain better results with Social Listening?
- Segments of “feel-alike” users – those with shared interests they are passionate about, because emotion is what drives social sharing.
- Which channels your audience is most active on – they might not be the ones you expect.
- The content, topics, and trends your audience can’t help but interact with and share.
- Who your Advocates and Influencers are that drive the most engagement.
- Where is the most opportunity to connect with audiences psychographic attributes.
Social Listening Articles
With the U.S. primaries quickly headed our way this November, candidates from the two major parties aren’t pulling any punches. Both Trump and Bloomberg shelled out $11 million for Super Bowl ads designed to sway voters. But were they successful? Social listening...
Super Bowl commercials are money well spent for brands seeking maximum promotional impact. But it can’t be a one and done experience. Brands wisely seek to cash-in with consumers and generate long-term value from their very significant investment. And they do this...
Super Bowl commercials have turned into mini-cinematic events over the years, and 2020 is proving no different. How are commercials shaping up according to social sentiment, and does the online reaction bode well for these brands? Let’s take a look at what is...