What is Social Listening?
Tuning into what consumers are saying tells you everything you could ever need to know about your audience – allowing you to say exactly the right thing when you speak.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social media listening is searching the web and the social space to see what’s being said about your company, your competitors and other topics of interest.
- There are dozens of different ways to use social listening for your business.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
What is "Social Listening" for
Are demographics useless then? No – but they're not the end-all-be-all. Demographics give you a starting point – that audience you assume you have. But when you delve into psychographic attributes you’re often surprised to discover your audience is more expansive than you realized.
How to gain better results with Social Listening?
- Segments of "feel-alike" users – those with shared interests they are passionate about, because emotion is what drives social sharing.
- Which channels your audience is most active on – they might not be the ones you expect.
- The content, topics, and trends your audience can't help but interact with and share.
- Who your Advocates and Influencers are that drive the most engagement.
- Where is the most opportunity to connect with audiences psychographic attributes.
Social Listening Articles
Popeyes is apparently staffed with marketing masters, as it keeps hitting home runs – and even wins consumer love during a pandemic. How do they keep knowing what will resonate and create viral sensations? We have five ways brands should adapt their Covid-19 marketing...
Amidst the Coronavirus pandemic, a new wave of internet use is upon us. Everyone from office managers to yoga instructors are turning to teleconferencing platforms and social media apps to keep business going. As people shelter in place, consumers are using the...
Social listening offers crucial intel as agencies help brands create crisis plans to get clients through the next four-to-six months. Capturing the social voice of the traveler during Covid-19 is not a simple task, as it requires expert filtering to boil down the data...