What is Social Listening?
Tuning into what consumers are saying tells you everything you could ever need to know about your audience – allowing you to say exactly the right thing when you speak.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social media listening is searching the web and the social space to see what’s being said about your company, your competitors and other topics of interest.
- There are dozens of different ways to use social listening for your business.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
What is "Social Listening" for
Are demographics useless then? No – but they're not the end-all-be-all. Demographics give you a starting point – that audience you assume you have. But when you delve into psychographic attributes you’re often surprised to discover your audience is more expansive than you realized.
How to gain better results with Social Listening?
- Segments of "feel-alike" users – those with shared interests they are passionate about, because emotion is what drives social sharing.
- Which channels your audience is most active on – they might not be the ones you expect.
- The content, topics, and trends your audience can't help but interact with and share.
- Who your Advocates and Influencers are that drive the most engagement.
- Where is the most opportunity to connect with audiences psychographic attributes.
Social Listening Articles
TikTok. Instagram. Twitter. YouTube. Magazines. Commercials. Influencers are everywhere. So how can you attract the right influencers for your brand to ensure a positive experience? Influencers can be popular today, but gone tomorrow, because consumers are that...
Brands are taking notice of the DIY trends that are experiencing explosive growth right now. Home improvement companies like Ikea, Home Depot and Lowe’s are actively sharing ideas online. This DIY trend is offering new ‘ins’ for retail brands to reach new segments....
Ignorance of what’s happening and being said about your brand online, is no excuse. And fallout from it, is still your fault. Brands must monitor social conversation or face harsh consequences. Just ask Nano Magic. If you’re not online monitoring brand mentions, what...