What is Social Listening?
Tuning into what consumers are saying tells you everything you could ever need to know about your audience – allowing you to say exactly the right thing when you speak.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social media listening is searching the web and the social space to see what’s being said about your company, your competitors and other topics of interest.
- There are dozens of different ways to use social listening for your business.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
What is "Social Listening" for
Are demographics useless then? No – but they’re not the end-all-be-all. Demographics give you a starting point – that audience you assume you have. But when you delve into psychographic attributes you’re often surprised to discover your audience is more expansive than you realized.
How to gain better results with Social Listening?
- Segments of “feel-alike” users – those with shared interests they are passionate about, because emotion is what drives social sharing.
- Which channels your audience is most active on – they might not be the ones you expect.
- The content, topics, and trends your audience can’t help but interact with and share.
- Who your Advocates and Influencers are that drive the most engagement.
- Where is the most opportunity to connect with audiences psychographic attributes.
Social Listening Articles
TikTok took advantage of the viral, short video market that musical.ly uncovered in a way that has competitors racing to catch up. But as TikTok continues to grow, do these competitors have much of chance? With a video-focused approach, TikTok is the app to beat....
Kicking COVID-19 to the curb, is Lysol, with its coronavirus killer. And it’s winning consumer love, which is the name of game when it comes to marketing these days. In two minutes, a virus that has haunted our dreams and countries around the world can be effectively...
Like many industries worldwide, the luxury goods market has had its hands full. Many brands are still adjusting alongside the coronavirus, yet the social concerns of customers continue to evolve as well. Here, we’ll take a look at some of the changes taking place in...