What is Social Listening?
Tuning into what consumers are saying tells you everything you could ever need to know about your audience – allowing you to say exactly the right thing when you speak.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social media listening is searching the web and the social space to see what’s being said about your company, your competitors and other topics of interest.
- There are dozens of different ways to use social listening for your business.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
What is "Social Listening" for
Are demographics useless then? No – but they’re not the end-all-be-all. Demographics give you a starting point – that audience you assume you have. But when you delve into psychographic attributes you’re often surprised to discover your audience is more expansive than you realized.
How to gain better results with Social Listening?
- Segments of “feel-alike” users – those with shared interests they are passionate about, because emotion is what drives social sharing.
- Which channels your audience is most active on – they might not be the ones you expect.
- The content, topics, and trends your audience can’t help but interact with and share.
- Who your Advocates and Influencers are that drive the most engagement.
- Where is the most opportunity to connect with audiences psychographic attributes.
Social Listening Articles
There are always shifting trends and technological advances happening, and our updated social media tools list captures them. They showcase corresponding social analytics that offer the most powerful insight options available for your social media strategy! Which...
Did you know that patient engagement has been shown to reduce mortality rates? Different studies compared the outcomes of people living with chronic illnesses and found less mortalities among those who were actively engaged in the treatment process than those who only...
Competitors are paying attention and tapping into relevant conversations, monitoring social media, and creating new strategies to connect with your potential audience—and your brand needs to do the same! Do you even know what consumers are saying about your brand?...