What is Social Listening?
Tuning into what consumers are saying tells you everything you could ever need to know about your audience – allowing you to say exactly the right thing when you speak.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social media listening is searching the web and the social space to see what’s being said about your company, your competitors and other topics of interest.
- There are dozens of different ways to use social listening for your business.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
What is "Social Listening" for
Are demographics useless then? No – but they’re not the end-all-be-all. Demographics give you a starting point – that audience you assume you have. But when you delve into psychographic attributes you’re often surprised to discover your audience is more expansive than you realized.
How to gain better results with Social Listening?
- Segments of “feel-alike” users – those with shared interests they are passionate about, because emotion is what drives social sharing.
- Which channels your audience is most active on – they might not be the ones you expect.
- The content, topics, and trends your audience can’t help but interact with and share.
- Who your Advocates and Influencers are that drive the most engagement.
- Where is the most opportunity to connect with audiences psychographic attributes.
Social Listening Articles
After many years of battling for recognition, the gauntlet has been thrown, with consumers wanting brands to do better this Pride Month – and year-round. We’ll explore how the conversation has shifted, who is leading it, and will offer tips for brands that want to...
Slowly but surely, brands that aren’t using social media listening will lose more and more market share to brands that are. There’s simply no other tool right now that comes close to providing brands with market intelligence that yields actionable results. The use...
Reddit isn’t where you go to share puppy pictures with your friends and family. It’s where users congregate with like-minded individuals over mutual interests. It’s where people go to explore the topics that align with their values – and share memes. Across any...