What is Social Listening?
Tuning into what consumers are saying tells you everything you could ever need to know about your audience – allowing you to say exactly the right thing when you speak.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social media listening is searching the web and the social space to see what’s being said about your company, your competitors and other topics of interest.
- There are dozens of different ways to use social listening for your business.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
What is "Social Listening" for
Are demographics useless then? No – but they’re not the end-all-be-all. Demographics give you a starting point – that audience you assume you have. But when you delve into psychographic attributes you’re often surprised to discover your audience is more expansive than you realized.
How to gain better results with Social Listening?
- Segments of “feel-alike” users – those with shared interests they are passionate about, because emotion is what drives social sharing.
- Which channels your audience is most active on – they might not be the ones you expect.
- The content, topics, and trends your audience can’t help but interact with and share.
- Who your Advocates and Influencers are that drive the most engagement.
- Where is the most opportunity to connect with audiences psychographic attributes.
Social Listening Articles
When a crisis hits, all eyes are on your brand. So, making fast, informed decisions is imperative. Having market intelligence as part of your day-to-day process, and part of your crisis response, will ensure you handle every issue like a pro. Here's how that looks and...
Brands are rethinking ways to cross the threshold into sustainability, and savvy brands like Chipotle Goods are relying on consumer intelligence to drive a commitment to sustainability trends. Today it’s not enough to produce a great product. Consumers want emotional...
Many brands are left a bit baffled when it comes to capturing social data and putting it to good use. They wonder what social listening captures exactly - and they're in good company with this questions. Many brands are keen on capturing ‘social insight’ but aren’t...