What is Social Listening?
Tuning into what consumers are saying tells you everything you could ever need to know about your audience – allowing you to say exactly the right thing when you speak.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social media listening is searching the web and the social space to see what’s being said about your company, your competitors and other topics of interest.
- There are dozens of different ways to use social listening for your business.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
What is "Social Listening" for
Are demographics useless then? No – but they’re not the end-all-be-all. Demographics give you a starting point – that audience you assume you have. But when you delve into psychographic attributes you’re often surprised to discover your audience is more expansive than you realized.
How to gain better results with Social Listening?
- Segments of “feel-alike” users – those with shared interests they are passionate about, because emotion is what drives social sharing.
- Which channels your audience is most active on – they might not be the ones you expect.
- The content, topics, and trends your audience can’t help but interact with and share.
- Who your Advocates and Influencers are that drive the most engagement.
- Where is the most opportunity to connect with audiences psychographic attributes.
Social Listening Articles
Mom’s Spaghetti Shows Consumer Understanding in Action
Navigating trends and consumer behavior can often feel like running an obstacle course. However, rapper Eminem seems to have hit the sweet spot with diners when he opened his Mom’s Spaghetti restaurant in his hometown of Detroit at the end of September. From a...
Tokyo Olympics’ Top Athletes Win Gold in Online Love
The Tokyo Olympics are over, but the athletes left an indelible mark on the hearts of viewers worldwide. We’ll explore the top ten mentioned during these games, and some ways that brands could connect with athlete influencers and their wildly engaged audiences going...
2021 Tokyo Olympics: Week 2 Athletes & Themes Brands Should Watch
As we wrap up week two of the Tokyo Olympics, there are even more stories to unpack with this week’s standout athletes. Of course, all the Olympic conversations are being hashed out online, which brands should consider for sentiment and messaging using consumer and...