What is Social Listening?
Tuning into what consumers are saying tells you everything you could ever need to know about your audience – allowing you to say exactly the right thing when you speak.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social media listening is searching the web and the social space to see what’s being said about your company, your competitors and other topics of interest.
- There are dozens of different ways to use social listening for your business.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
What is "Social Listening" for
Are demographics useless then? No – but they’re not the end-all-be-all. Demographics give you a starting point – that audience you assume you have. But when you delve into psychographic attributes you’re often surprised to discover your audience is more expansive than you realized.
How to gain better results with Social Listening?
- Segments of “feel-alike” users – those with shared interests they are passionate about, because emotion is what drives social sharing.
- Which channels your audience is most active on – they might not be the ones you expect.
- The content, topics, and trends your audience can’t help but interact with and share.
- Who your Advocates and Influencers are that drive the most engagement.
- Where is the most opportunity to connect with audiences psychographic attributes.
Social Listening Articles
Social media tools are everywhere, and it can be overwhelming to sort out which make sense for your brand. So, even if you already know what kind of new media tools you need to look for and why, validating your findings is wise. Our updated social media tools list...
The process of capturing, aggregating and analyzing social data requires a bit of explanation, as does how to implement that insight, so we're sharing an overarching view of the social listening landscape to inform your efforts. So, if your brand seeks to capture...
The Tokyo Olympics are over, but the athletes left an indelible mark on the hearts of viewers worldwide. We’ll explore the top ten mentioned during these games, and some ways that brands could connect with athlete influencers and their wildly engaged audiences going...