What is Social Listening?
Tuning into what consumers are saying tells you everything you could ever need to know about your audience – allowing you to say exactly the right thing when you speak.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social media listening is searching the web and the social space to see what’s being said about your company, your competitors and other topics of interest.
- There are dozens of different ways to use social listening for your business.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
What is "Social Listening" for
Are demographics useless then? No – but they’re not the end-all-be-all. Demographics give you a starting point – that audience you assume you have. But when you delve into psychographic attributes you’re often surprised to discover your audience is more expansive than you realized.
How to gain better results with Social Listening?
- Segments of “feel-alike” users – those with shared interests they are passionate about, because emotion is what drives social sharing.
- Which channels your audience is most active on – they might not be the ones you expect.
- The content, topics, and trends your audience can’t help but interact with and share.
- Who your Advocates and Influencers are that drive the most engagement.
- Where is the most opportunity to connect with audiences psychographic attributes.
Social Listening Articles
Even if you already know what kind of new social media tools you need to look for and why, validating your findings is wise—this list will help! So, which social media tools make sense for your brand? There are always shifting trends and technological advances...
Over the past few years, the market has been transformed with shifting consumer behaviors, challenging brands to keep up. And answering the call of this challenge is social listening. Social listening tools are transforming marketing, and we have 20 tools that are...
From its lowly beginnings as a compliance issue in the second half of the last century, patient engagement has evolved into a superpower enhancing health outcomes, reducing healthcare costs, and boosting satisfaction with the process. If that doesn’t sound...