What is Social Listening?
Tuning into what consumers are saying tells you everything you could ever need to know about your audience – allowing you to say exactly the right thing when you speak.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social media listening is searching the web and the social space to see what’s being said about your company, your competitors and other topics of interest.
- There are dozens of different ways to use social listening for your business.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
What is "Social Listening" for
Are demographics useless then? No – but they’re not the end-all-be-all. Demographics give you a starting point – that audience you assume you have. But when you delve into psychographic attributes you’re often surprised to discover your audience is more expansive than you realized.
How to gain better results with Social Listening?
- Segments of “feel-alike” users – those with shared interests they are passionate about, because emotion is what drives social sharing.
- Which channels your audience is most active on – they might not be the ones you expect.
- The content, topics, and trends your audience can’t help but interact with and share.
- Who your Advocates and Influencers are that drive the most engagement.
- Where is the most opportunity to connect with audiences psychographic attributes.
Social Listening Articles
The 2020 United States Presidential Election is in the home stretch and brands are being pushed and pulled in every direction along with the candidates. Our 2020 Election Trends & Insights Through a Social Lens Report reveals the issues voters care most about as a...
In business, every decision should be an informed, strategic one. Using market research helps to spot emerging trends, but without proper social media analysis a brand is only getting one half of the info needed, particularly when it comes to product launches. And...
Consumers rule online, but they move in waves, following each other’s lead and that of influencers who have earned their respect. Your brand needs to use social media monitoring to identify relevant influencers for this reason alone, as influencers are essential to...