What is Social Listening?
Tuning into what consumers are saying tells you everything you could ever need to know about your audience – allowing you to say exactly the right thing when you speak.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social media listening is searching the web and the social space to see what’s being said about your company, your competitors and other topics of interest.
- There are dozens of different ways to use social listening for your business.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
What is "Social Listening" for
Are demographics useless then? No – but they’re not the end-all-be-all. Demographics give you a starting point – that audience you assume you have. But when you delve into psychographic attributes you’re often surprised to discover your audience is more expansive than you realized.
How to gain better results with Social Listening?
- Segments of “feel-alike” users – those with shared interests they are passionate about, because emotion is what drives social sharing.
- Which channels your audience is most active on – they might not be the ones you expect.
- The content, topics, and trends your audience can’t help but interact with and share.
- Who your Advocates and Influencers are that drive the most engagement.
- Where is the most opportunity to connect with audiences psychographic attributes.
Social Listening Articles
Using Social Listening to Amplify the Call for Diversity, Equity, Inclusivity, and Belonging
To succeed in today's global marketplace, companies recognize that creating a positive impact must be part of their mission. Many accomplish this by prioritizing diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) efforts. And they’re learning that social listening is...
How Opinion Leaders Make a Dramatic Entrance in Every Industry
For a long time, opinion leaders have held significant sway over society, particularly in consumer behavior. And the fashion industry is no different. Recently opinion leaders gathered at The Metropolitan Museum of Art to strut their stuff at the Met Gala, and people...
L’engagement des patients : Qu’est-ce que c’est et comment l’améliorer grâce aux outils d’écoute sociale ?
Après des débuts modestes en tant que question de conformité dans la seconde moitié du siècle dernier, l'engagement des patients est devenu un super pouvoir qui améliore les résultats en matière de santé, réduit les coûts des soins de santé et augmente la satisfaction...