What is Social Listening?
Tuning into what consumers are saying tells you everything you could ever need to know about your audience – allowing you to say exactly the right thing when you speak.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social media listening is searching the web and the social space to see what’s being said about your company, your competitors and other topics of interest.
- There are dozens of different ways to use social listening for your business.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
What is "Social Listening" for
Are demographics useless then? No – but they're not the end-all-be-all. Demographics give you a starting point – that audience you assume you have. But when you delve into psychographic attributes you’re often surprised to discover your audience is more expansive than you realized.
How to gain better results with Social Listening?
- Segments of "feel-alike" users – those with shared interests they are passionate about, because emotion is what drives social sharing.
- Which channels your audience is most active on – they might not be the ones you expect.
- The content, topics, and trends your audience can't help but interact with and share.
- Who your Advocates and Influencers are that drive the most engagement.
- Where is the most opportunity to connect with audiences psychographic attributes.
Social Listening Articles
Brands are increasingly challenged with balancing purpose and profit. This is particularly true as the global consumer base becomes more socially conscious and focused on equality, equity, and sustainability. Rethinking brand positioning to reflect recent consumer and...
Capturing actionable consumer thoughts to guide strategic planning is an enormous task. There are almost 8 billion people out there, holding a variety of perspectives, after all – so any understanding must be led by a nuanced approach. Here’s how . . . Recently, Mike...
Our updated social media tools list captures shifting trends and technological advances to showcase corresponding social analytics and social media management tools that have become increasingly powerful. Which social media tools make sense for your brand? Even if you...