Last Updated June 28, 2023
Using NetBase Quid SaaS services (the “Services”) requires entering into a separate agreement with us containing the terms required to become a customer (referred to below as a “Customer Agreement”), and the information that you share with us through NetBase Quid Services, or derive from NetBase Quid Services is governed by the terms of your Customer Agreement. The Customer is the “controller” or “business” with respect to personal information provided to the NetBase Quid Services (including all User Information) and we are a “data processor” or “service provider.” Please direct any questions, comments, or concerns regarding privacy to the entity providing you access to the NetBase Quid Services.
How NetBase Quid Collects Your Information
There are three categories of information that we collect from you directly or via our service providers or automatically through your use of the Public-Facing Resources:
- Information You Provide: Information that you provide us explicitly, such as when filling out a registration form, registering for an event, applying for a job, or asking for information. This information may include your name and contact information (e.g., email or phone number) and in the case of job applicants, also includes a resume or CV, desired salary information, work authorization status, and other employment history and resume information, and optionally, a cover letter and information about social media and communication profiles.
- Technical Information: Information that our servers automatically collect from you when you visit the Public Site, such as your IP address, browser type, operating system type, and the date/time of your This information is collected automatically.
- Information from Third Parties: We may also collect information from a variety of other sources, including those that are publicly available or from third-party data providers, as well as from online and paper forms, calls, meetings, and other means of communication you may have with us. In order to fulfil some of the above-mentioned purposes, we may gather and aggregate information from our different databases.
More About Technical Information
Technical information collected via the Public Site includes the following types:
- California Residents, please read “To Exercise Your Right To Opt Out of Personal Information Sales or Sharing” under “Notice to California Residents” below. If you are in the EEA/UK or Switzerland, please read “Your Rights and Choices” under “Notice to Persons Outside the U.S.” below.You can learn more or opt-out of the use of third-party personalized advertising cookies in the EU by visiting youronlinechoices.eu. If you are based in the United States, you can visit aboutads.info/choices. To learn more about placement of these cookies, you can also visit the Network Advertising Initiative website or Digital Advertising Alliance website. You may be able to avoid certain cookies by configuring your browser settings or opting-out directly with the party that operates or controls the cookie. Please check your browser settings for more information. If you decline cookies, you may not be able to use all features on the Public Site. At this time, the Public Site does not response to browser “do not track” signals.
How NetBase Quid Uses Information
Information You Provide
NetBase Quid uses this information to communicate with you about business matters, such as:
- Responding to inquiries or requests and otherwise communicating with you
- Contacting you about our products or services we think may be of interest
- Collect anonymous statistics on how the Public Site is used
- Measure site errors and secure our Public-Facing Resources
- Enhance the Public Site, our products and services
- Market NetBase Quid products and services to you
Other Uses of Your Technical Information
NetBase Quid uses third-party analytics tools to measure traffic and usage trends on the Public Site. These tools collect information, such as the web pages you visit or add-ons you use, sent by your device or the Public Site. We use this information to improve the Public Site.
How NetBase Quid Shares Your Information
- NetBase Quid may share your information with our NetBase Quid staff throughout the world to service your inquiries and requests.
- NetBase Quid may share your information with its affiliates for its business purposes.
- NetBase Quid may share your information with its service providers to provide the Public-Facing Resources.
- NetBase Quid may share your information (a) to comply with applicable laws or to respond to subpoenas, warrants, or regulatory requirements, (b) to protect or defend NetBase Quid’s rights or property, or (c) in connection with a business transaction such as a sale or merger.
NetBase Quid takes reasonable and necessary technical and organizational security measures designed to protect against the unauthorized or unlawful use of your information. However, because no measure is ever 100% effective, we do not guarantee that your personal information will be secure from theft, loss, or unauthorized access or use, and we make no representation as to the reasonableness, efficacy, or appropriateness of the measures we use to safeguard such information.
NetBase Quid does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 nor knowingly allow such persons to use the Public Site. The content of this site is not directed at children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us as set forth below.
Notice to California Residents
- How NetBase Quid Collects Your Information: This section describes the categories of personal information we collected and the categories of sources from which the information was collected.
- How NetBase Quid Uses Your Given Information, How NetBase Quid Uses Your Technical Information, and Other Uses of Your Technical Information: These sections describe the business or commercial purposes for which we collected the information.
- How NetBase Quid Shares Your Information: This section lists the categories of third parties with whom we shared personal information.
Recipients of Personal Information
In some cases, we may share your personal information with our service providers or contractors that help us operate our business such as marketing services providers, data hosting providers, and customer relationship management software tools]. We may also share your information with third parties, such as for marketing purposes, if subject to certain corporate transactions or reorganizations, when required by law, to provide information or services you request, and pursuant to your consent or authorization.
In the last twelve months, we have collected and disclosed for a business purpose each of the categories of personal information noted in the table below, to the categories of recipients listed. The table also indicates when we sold or shared the personal information to third parties in the last 12 months and the types of third parties.
We do not sell or share personal information of minors under age 16. We also do not collect, use or disclose any sensitive personal information for purposes other than those specified in section 7027(m) of the CPRA regulations.
Your California Privacy Rights
As a California resident, you may be able to exercise the following rights in relation to the personal information about you that we have collected (subject to certain limitations at law):
Right to Know (Categories)
The right to request the following information relating to the personal information we have collected about you and disclosed about you:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information was collected;
- The business or commercial purposes for collecting, selling, or sharing the personal information;
- The categories of third parties with whom the business shares personal information;
- The categories of personal information sold, and for each category identified, the categories of third parties to whom it sold that particular category of personal information; and
The categories of personal information that the business disclosed for a business purpose, and for each category identified, the categories of third parties to whom it disclosed that particular category of personal information.
Right to Access (Right to Know Specific Pieces of Information) / Portability
The right to access and obtain a copy of the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you in a structured, machine-readable format that may be transmitted to another entity without hindrance, to the extent technically feasible.
Right to Correct
The right to request that we correct your inaccurate personal information maintained by us.
Right to Request Deletion
The right to request the deletion or erasure of personal information we have collected from you, subject to certain exceptions.
Right to Opt Out of Data Sales or Sharing
The right to direct us not to sell or share personal information we have collected about you to third parties, including for ad targeting/cross contextual advertising.
To Exercise Your Rights to Know, Access, Correct, and/or Delete
Please submit a request to exercise your rights to know, access, correct, and/or delete by calling 1-855-762-6764 or complete the Request Form.
We may need to verify your identity and confirm you are a resident of the State of California before processing most requests, which may require us to obtain additional personal information from you. In order to verify your identity, we will generally require the matching of sufficient information you provide us to the information we maintain about you in our systems. We will only use the personal information provided in connection with a right request to review and comply with the request. If you do not provide this information, we may not be able to verify or complete your request in all circumstances.
If you wish to submit a verifiable consumer request on behalf of another individual, we will also need sufficient information to verify that the individual is the person about whom we collected personal information and that you are authorized to submit the request on their behalf. Please see the “Authorized Agents” section below for more information.
In certain circumstances, we may decline a request to exercise the rights described above, in accordance with applicable law.
We do not discriminate against you for requesting any of the rights noted above. We are permitted to deny or limit your request in accordance with applicable laws.
To Exercise Your Right to Opt Out of Personal Information Sales or Sharing
You do not need to create an account with us to exercise your Right to Opt Out of Personal Information Sales or Sharing. However, we may ask you to provide additional personal information (including your name, email address and mailing address) so that we can properly identify you in our dataset to facilitate the opt-out request. If you choose not to provide this information, we may only be able to process your request to the extent we are able to identify you in our data systems.
Once you make an opt-out request, you may change your mind and opt back in to personal information sales at any time by contacting us at the contact information below.
To exercise your right to opt-out of personal information sales or sharing, please submit a request by clicking the button below:
In certain circumstances, you are permitted to use an “authorized agent” (as that term is defined by the CCPA) to submit CCPA requests on your behalf. We may verify the authorized agent’s authority to act on your behalf as follows:
- For requests to know, access, correct or delete personal information, we may ask you to provide sufficient evidence to show that you have provided the authorized agent signed permission to act on your behalf, verified your own identity directly with us pursuant to the instructions set forth in this Notice, and directly confirmed with us that you provided the authorized agent permission to submit the request on your behalf.
- For requests to opt-out of personal information “sales” or “sharing,” we may ask you to provide a signed permission demonstrating your authorized agent has been authorized by you to act on your behalf.
The period for which we retain your personal information varies, depending on the type of personal information and the purpose for which it was collected. The duration is limited to time necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the information was collected, in light of any restrictions or deletions you might request, as well as our need to address our legal obligations or rights.
Notice to Persons Outside the U.S.
This section applies if you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), Switzerland, or the United Kingdom. Unless otherwise specified in this section, all terms defined in the EU General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) retain the same meaning when used in this section. This section describes how we collect, use, disclose, or otherwise process personal data of persons located in the EEA, Switzerland, and United Kingdom, within the scope of the GDPR or equivalents in those respective countries.
Information We Collect
Sources of Personal Data
Purpose and Legal Bases for Collection of Personal Data
Under the GDPR, we are required to inform you of the legal bases for our processing of your personal data. We process personal data under the following legal bases:
- Performance of a contract: data processing is necessary to perform a contract with you or take steps to enter into a contract at your request
- With your consent: you have consented to data processing
- Compliance with law: data processing is necessary to comply with a relevant legal obligation
- Our legitimate interests: data processing is in our legitimate business interests and helps us conduct and develop business, subject to your interests and fundamental rights
If you are located outside the United States, including in the EEA, Switzerland or the United Kingdom, please note that NetBase Quid is a U.S. company, headquartered in the United States. We may transfer personal data to the United States and other countries, some of which have not been determined by the European Commission to have an adequate level of data protection. Any international transfers of your personal data are made pursuant to appropriate safeguards, such as standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission. If you wish to enquire further about these safeguards, please contact us. We may otherwise transfer personal data from these regions with your consent, to perform a contract, to implement pre-contractual measures at your request, or other lawful bases set forth under applicable law.
Your Rights and Choices
You may be able to exercise the following rights in relation to the personal data about you that we have collected (subject to certain limitations and exceptions at law):
- Right of access: you have the right to access and obtain a copy of your personal data.
- Right of portability: you have the right, in certain circumstances, to receive a copy of the personal data you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format that supports re-use, or to request the transfer of your personal data to another person.
- Right to rectification: you have the right to obtain rectification of any inaccurate or incomplete personal data we hold about your without undue delay.
- Right to erasure: you have the right, in some circumstances, to require us to erase your personal data without undue delay if the continued processing of that personal data is not justified.
- Right to restriction: you have the right, in some circumstances, to require us to limit the purposes for which we process your personal data if the continued processing of data in this way is not justified, such as where the accuracy of the personal data is contested by you.
- Right to object: you have the right to object to any processing based on our legitimate interests where there are grounds relating to your particular situation. There may be compelling reasons for continuing to process your personal data, and we will assess and inform you if that is the case. You can object to marketing activities for any reason.
If you are resident in France, you also have the right to set guidelines for the retention and communication of your personal data after your death.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint to your local data protection authority. Further information about how to contact your local data protection authority is available at https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/about-edpb/members_en.
NetBase Quid Services and Third Party Data
How to Contact Us
Attn: Privacy Team
3945 Freedom Circle, Suite 730
Santa Clara, CA 95054