What is Market Intelligence?
Market intelligence is the critical data for a brand’s market trends, competitor environment, and industry by aggregating and analyzing data from company profiles, patent applications, academic papers, news articles, social media, job site reviews and more to determine the best strategy investing in different market opportunities, market penetrations.
Powered by next generation artificial intelligence (AI) platforms, market intelligence draws upon a multitude of external resources combined with propriety internal customer structure and unstructured data to extract actionable, accurate insights that forms the basis of strategic decision-making that touches every part of the business.
What is “Market Intelligence” for?
AI-enabled market intelligence brings together real-world consumer feedback and market research to create a deeper awareness of your brands, your consumers, your competitors, and your market. Identify first movers and early adopters, understand what motivates consumer behaviors and where opportunities exist for creating differentiation, and fulfill important voids in a crowded market.
Use market intelligence to:
- Understand consumer needs, wants, and desires
- Measure brand perception and share of voice
- Identify emerging trends and category whitespace
- Conduct competitive analyses
- Track the impact of influencers on your market and consumers
How to gain better results with Market Intelligence?
Market Intelligence is the foundation of understanding your market through news media and social media analysis, as well as business and competitive research to understand the current state of any given market and apply these insights to drive brand strategy.
- Start by first doing categorical analysis to get a good understanding of a particular market or industry vertical and emerging themes.
- From there, dig into new businesses created in the past year to identify trends and technology dominating this market.
- Dive into key players in your category to identify key themes and learn what’s driving the news narrative.
- Identify investments and as mergers and acquisitions to understand movement and changes in the market that effect the industry.
- Identify addressable opportunity in the market that can inform and drive brand strategy.
Market Intelligence Resources
What Are Insights in Marketing and How Can You Use Them?
Being a successful brand means understanding your target audience better each day. And with the right data analysis, you’ll know what your audience wants right now and anticipate what they’ll want or need in the future. And it all starts with market insight. What are...
What Is Customer Insight?
Customer insight is a fancy way of saying a brand understands its customers. And it’s an understanding that is based on a variety of diverse data sources. In this post, we’ll explore what those data sources are, how customer insight capture looks in action, and why...
How to Utilize Secondary Market Research
In a previous post, we touched on secondary market research, but didn’t go into depth. This one will clarify what it is, why it’s valuable and what to do with it! Our other post focused on primary market research––including what it is, the methods used, and both the...