What is Market Intelligence?
Market intelligence is the critical data for a brand’s market trends, competitor environment, and industry by aggregating and analyzing data from company profiles, patent applications, academic papers, news articles, social media, job site reviews and more to determine the best strategy investing in different market opportunities, market penetrations.
Powered by next generation artificial intelligence (AI) platforms, market intelligence draws upon a multitude of external resources combined with propriety internal customer structure and unstructured data to extract actionable, accurate insights that forms the basis of strategic decision-making that touches every part of the business.
What is “Market Intelligence” for?
AI-enabled market intelligence brings together real-world consumer feedback and market research to create a deeper awareness of your brands, your consumers, your competitors, and your market. Identify first movers and early adopters, understand what motivates consumer behaviors and where opportunities exist for creating differentiation, and fulfill important voids in a crowded market.
Use market intelligence to:
- Understand consumer needs, wants, and desires
- Measure brand perception and share of voice
- Identify emerging trends and category whitespace
- Conduct competitive analyses
- Track the impact of influencers on your market and consumers
How to gain better results with Market Intelligence?
Market Intelligence is the foundation of understanding your market through news media and social media analysis, as well as business and competitive research to understand the current state of any given market and apply these insights to drive brand strategy.
- Start by first doing categorical analysis to get a good understanding of a particular market or industry vertical and emerging themes.
- From there, dig into new businesses created in the past year to identify trends and technology dominating this market.
- Dive into key players in your category to identify key themes and learn what’s driving the news narrative.
- Identify investments and as mergers and acquisitions to understand movement and changes in the market that effect the industry.
- Identify addressable opportunity in the market that can inform and drive brand strategy.
Market Intelligence Resources
When brands discuss ‘customer insights,’ it conjures visions of intel skillfully extracted from numerous aggregated data sources––or at least, it should bring that to mind! If it doesn’t, you may be using a less than stellar tool to support your most mission critical...
Market research is an important part of business. Delaying it for more than a few months is ill advised, as so much can change during that time. Just think about how fickle customers are––or the emerging competitors invading your category each week. Let’s take a look...
Social media has given patients a powerful platform. Consumer research shows that 87% of social media users share their health information on one channel or another. And leading HCPs are using it to identify and engage with diverse voices online! It’s easy to see why...