What is Image Analytics?
Why Images Analytics Matter
Your Social Media Monitoring software must be able to monitor visual content – for misuse of brand logos, as one example – or you’re letting a huge chunk of content slip beneath your radar. Images are increasingly taking over social media and becoming a major way of engaging and talking about your brand. Images are generally more memorable and shareable than text.
There are over 300 million active daily users on Instagram alone, it’s clear images are a huge social commodity. But why is the intent behind sharing images such a big deal? For starters, not all images are accompanied by text. Sometimes the whole point is that words can’t adequately convey the emotion or event, so it’s shared in image form. If your social media listening is all about text, these posts and users aren’t accounted for in your analytics.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Image Analysis is the gathering data from social media images, brand logos, memes etc. and analyzing them to make business decisions.
- The most common use is to focus on improving customer sentiment insights.
- 10% of all photographs made in the entire history of photography were made last year.
- Over 350 million new images are uploaded on Facebook and 85 Million images uploaded on Instagram every single day.
- There are over 2.3 Billion social media users of which 1.8 Billion use social media daily.
- The 5 most popular social media sites for images are – Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter, and Tumblr.
The Image Analytics Story
And yet, these social users could be some of your biggest fans! What inspires someone to take and share a picture of your store-front or product if not serious love? These are consumers you want to engage, but without image analytics, there’s no way to understand what your fans are saying and how they are talking about your brand.
I See What You’re Saying
Learn more about Image Analytics and Recognition:
Netnography: Capturing Consumer Behavior
Marketing demands the flexibility and prowess to understand how long-time best practices and current-day trends coexist and complement each other. So how should marketers be changing up their approach to Netnography? Observation over asking First a quick refresher on...
If You’ve Never Done a Social Media Audit, Now’s the Time
There's no time like the beginning of a new year to do a little housekeeping – like taking stock of your brand and setting new goals for the year ahead. Part of "taking stock" should be performing a social media audit. Here's why. Understanding and setting your...
What the C-Suite Can Learn from Social Media Analytics
As social insights roll in with rapid fire, marketing departments analyze and leverage data to build brand reputations and inform sales conversations. Along the way, what information should be shared with the C-suite – and how? Visual dashboards offer real-time...