What is Image Analytics?
Why Images Analytics Matter
Your Social Media Monitoring software must be able to monitor visual content – for misuse of brand logos, as one example – or you’re letting a huge chunk of content slip beneath your radar. Images are increasingly taking over social media and becoming a major way of engaging and talking about your brand. Images are generally more memorable and shareable than text.
There are over 300 million active daily users on Instagram alone, it’s clear images are a huge social commodity. But why is the intent behind sharing images such a big deal? For starters, not all images are accompanied by text. Sometimes the whole point is that words can’t adequately convey the emotion or event, so it’s shared in image form. If your social media listening is all about text, these posts and users aren’t accounted for in your analytics.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Image Analysis is the gathering data from social media images, brand logos, memes etc. and analyzing them to make business decisions.
- The most common use is to focus on improving customer sentiment insights.
- 10% of all photographs made in the entire history of photography were made last year.
- Over 350 million new images are uploaded on Facebook and 85 Million images uploaded on Instagram every single day.
- There are over 2.3 Billion social media users of which 1.8 Billion use social media daily.
- The 5 most popular social media sites for images are – Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter, and Tumblr.
The Image Analytics Story
And yet, these social users could be some of your biggest fans! What inspires someone to take and share a picture of your store-front or product if not serious love? These are consumers you want to engage, but without image analytics, there’s no way to understand what your fans are saying and how they are talking about your brand.
I See What You’re Saying
Learn more about Image Analytics and Recognition:
Fashion Week Trendspotting with Social Analytics
Fashion Week is followed around the world, with a series of highly anticipated events happening twice each year, typically in February and December. And as the first series of 2023 shows just wrapped up, we have some trendspotting to share! The four main Fashion Week...
What is Social Campaign Analysis?
The ability to track and measure campaign performance is as important as the campaign itself. But how do you effectively measure the success or failure of campaigns run across various channels, using various mediums, as today’s marketing campaigns often are? The best...
What is Audience Analysis?
Social media analytics is made up of layers contributing to the greater whole. And one super critical layer is audience analysis. Why is this specific layer so important? Well, you can’t take meaningful action if you don’t understand social conversations. And you...