What is Competitive Intelligence?
Competitive intelligence is a key ingredient in a robust market intelligence strategy that aims to bolster marketing performance, increase sales and improve product strategy. It’s the systematic collection of data from a multitude of sources in the ongoing analysis of the competition
Competitive Intelligence helps you to stay up to date with your competitors and your market, and inform strategic business decisions. A thorough understanding of your competition’s strengths and weaknesses will enable you to fine tune your approach to your market and capture the attention of consumers and increase your brand’s share of voice.
What is “Competitive Intelligence” for?
The aim of competitive intelligence is to gain insight into your competition’s brands, products and consumer engagements to make informed decisions. Keeping your finger on the pulse of the competition coupled with consistent trend analysis puts your brand in position to take advantage of gaps in the market before anyone else notices.
Use competitive intelligence to:
- Conduct competitive analysis
- Drive new business pitches
- Measure brand perception and share of voice
- Map customer reviews
How to gain better results with Competitive Intelligence?
Everything from marketing, product development, influencer identification and investment strategy can benefit from a comprehensive understanding of your competition’s successes and missteps.
- Understand not only what otherbrands are getting right, but what they’re getting wrong as well.
- Insights into the competition are evolving 24/7 through social media and online news publications. This creates an absolute need for brands to keep tabs on the competition or fall behind
- Operate on the presumption that the competition is monitoring you. Therefore, you need to know as much as you can about your competition so you can put that information to work in everything you do.
Competitive Intelligence Resources
Learning from a competitor’s success instead of reinventing the wheel is smart, as is learning from their mistakes. Competitive intelligence is the key to it all. It reveals ways to overcome any number of challenges, if your brand is listening effectively. Here’s how...
A Brief Reminder That Online Shopping Hasn’t Been Around That Long Shopping online is a relatively new behavior, and you don’t have to look far to see how uncommon it was for someone to buy something on the internet. Results from a Pew Research study on American...
Understanding the consumer and market landscape has always been important. But, as ecommerce and mcommerce opportunities explode, the increasing importance of competitive intelligence cannot be denied. Knowing not just your obvious competitors, but also those who...