Data is taking center stage in the marketing landscape of 2022. Continuous data analysis is a must for brands and marketers – and we have some reasons why – 152 of them, to be exact. If your brand isn’t minding its consumer and market intelligence monitoring, this may inspire you to reconsider.
We’ve broken down some stats into categories for quick consumption:
- Digital Marketing
- Social Media
- Video Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Content Marketing
- Paid Media
- Social Selling
Let’s take a look!
19 Digital Marketing Statistics
- Marketers spend 16% of their annual budgets on marketing analytics. (Gartner)
- 76% of marketing leaders surveyed use data analytics in decision making.
- 32% of marketers base their marketing strategies on marketing analytics and competitive insights.
- 37% of marketers identify proving the value of marketing analytics to industry leaders as one of their top three biggest challenges. (Gartner)
- Leaders are 53% more likely to associate machine learning with understanding customer intent.
- 57% of marketers are interpreting data incorrectly.
- 54% of leaders identify data quality as the major challenge with data driven marketing.
- Only 3% of companies’ data meet the standards of data quality.
- 35% of marketers do not have quantitative tools to measure the impact of data driven marketing on organizational performance.
- 68% of companies prioritize improving their abilities to measure ROI in data driven marketing.
- 63% of marketers agree on prioritizing data literacy.
- 66% of marketers agree that data analytics is essential. (Gartner)
- The top marketing priorities in 2022 are digital advertising, website user experience, content marketing, email marketing, and organic search.
- Customer acquisition is gaining more relevance than marketing ROI.
- 39% of purchasers are influenced by organic search results. (Think with Google)
- Click through rate is higher on organic search than on paid media.
- 64% of website visitors come from organic search. (Conductor)
- 87% of retail shoppers make buying decisions through a web search.
- 33% of marketers increase brand awareness through paid advertising. (HubSpot)
7 Social Media Statistics
- Marketers prioritize social listening as part of their overall strategy (HubSpot State of Marketing Report)
- Marketers publish content on social media 3 to 4 times a day (HubSpot State of Marketing Report)
- 73% of marketers acquired new customers on social media in 2021
- 45% of marketers claim that social media helped them drive conversions in 2021. (HootSuite)
- 45% of marketers integrate infographics into their social media marketing strategy. (HubSpot Blog Research)
- 38% of marketers plan to begin using infographics this year. (HubSpot Blog Research)
- Increased social media use is expected to reach 3.43 billion people globally in 2023.
8 Facebook Stats
- 69% of Americans are on Facebook
- 98.5% of people on Facebook use mobile
- Facebook is the primary content distribution platform for marketers
- Facebook has more than 2 billion active users
- Facebook has an engagement rate of 0.08% across all industries
- Facebook has a daily active user average of 1.8 billion people (Statista)
4 LinkedIn Stats
- LinkedIn has more than 774 million users
- A quarter of LinkedIn users are Americans (Statista)
- LinkedIn live streams increased by 158% since 2020 (Statista, eMarketer, LinkedIn)
- More than 90% of B2B marketers use LinkedIn for their social selling (Content Marketing Institute)
4 Instagram Stats
- Instagram is estimated to reach 1.1 billion users this year
- Instagram has more than 500 million active daily users
- The average time spent on Instagram is 30 minutes every day and 10 hours every month (eMarketer)
- Instagram is the second most efficient social selling and content distribution platform for marketers (HubSpot State of Marketing Report)
3 Twitter Stats
- Twitter has more than 319 million users
- Twitter is the 11th most visited website
- 82% of B2B marketers utilize Twitter
2 Pinterest Stats
- The active monthly users on Pinterest are a whopping 459 million
- 85% of Pinterest users plan new projects with the platform
3 Snapchat Stats
- The time spent on Snapchat daily is 30 minutes
- Snapchat has more than 300 million users
- 59% of Snapchat users in the U.S visit the platform every day
16 TikTok Stats
- TikTok downloads reached 3 billion in 2021 making it the most downloaded app of the year
- Around a quarter of internet users in the U.S have encountered TikTok videos (Statista)
- TikTok stands at number 6 most used social platform
- There are one billion active monthly users on TikTok
- The time spent on TikTok by Android users stands at 19.6 hours every month. (HootSuite)
- TikTok is used for finding entertaining content. (HootSuite)
- Consumer spend is highest on TikTok compared to any other app.
- TikTok ads penetration stands at 17.9%.
- 24% of marketers find TikTok effective.
- 35% of TikTok users find products through creators on the platform. (TikTok)
- 67% of users find shopping inspiration through TikTok.
- TikTok videos of 21 to 34 minutes have the most engagement
- Captions on TikTok raise impressions by 55.7%
- 75% of users find new songs on TikTok
- 88% of users associate music to TikTok. (TikTok)
- 73% of users linked specific songs to TikTok. (TikTok)
19 Video Marketing Statistics
- 92% of marketers prioritize video marketing. (Wyzowl)
- 94% of purchasers watch explainer videos before making a purchase decision. (Wyzowl)
- 95% of marketers say videos have enhanced user’s product understanding. (Wyzowl)
- 87% of video marketers attribute increased website traffic to videos
- 81% of video marketers attribute increased sales to videos
- 31% of marketers utilize short-form video
- 46% of these marketers find short-form videos effective (HubSpot Blog Research)
- Short-form videos have an average engagement rate of 53.9%
- Videos up to 30 minutes have an engagement rate of 40-53% (Wistia)
- Videos between 30 to 60 minutes have an engagement rate of 26% (Wistia)
- Videos above 60 minutes have an engagement rate of 13% (Wistia)
- 88% of video marketers attribute a positive ROI to video (Wyzowl)
- Mobile usage accounts for 1.5 increased engagement on video
- 65% marketing videos are presentations, 57% are ads, and 47% are explainer videos
- 43% of video marketers attribute reduced customer service calls to video (Wyzowl)
- YouTube is the 2nd most visited website (HubSpot Blog Research)
- YouTube has more than 2 billion users
- YouTube has a higher engagement rate than TV for Americans between 18 and 34 years old
- 49% of Americans on YouTube are over 65 (LinkedIn)
23 Email Marketing Statistics
- Email marketing have an average ROI of 4400%
- Welcome emails have an open rate of over 86%
- Spam email rate stand at a whopping 45%
- 91% of email users have used the unsubscribe button
- 61.9% of emails are opened on mobile
- Emails opened on mobile have the least engagement compared to PC and tablet users with a click rate of 2.7%
- PC and tablet users have a click rate of 3.8%
- 74% of marketers increase email engagement through personalization.
- Emails related to hobbies have the highest open rate of 27%
- Only 30% of brands use personalized emails.
- 61% of customers expect promotional emails and deals.
- The number of emails sent and received every year stand at 102.6 trillion (OptinMonster)
- 35% of marketers send three to five emails every week to their email list. (HubSpot)
- More than 20% of marketers attribute email engagement to email design (HubSpot)
- The average click-through rate is 2.13% (GetResponse)
- Marketers prioritize audience segmentation as one of the top 3 email marketing tactics
- 6.9% of 1000 analyzed emails used an emoji in the subject line
- 4.1 billion people use email. (Statista)
- Companies that integrate A/B tests into their email marketing achieve 37% more returns than companies that don’t.
- 30% of marketers increase email engagement through audience segmentation (HubSpot)
- 49% of consumers look forward to receiving promotional emails every week from brands they love
- 40% of surveyed consumers agree to having at least 50 unread emails in their inboxes.
- The second most used email marketing tactic is mobile friendly design. (HubSpot)
13 SEO Statistics
- 69% of marketers prioritize SEO (HubSpot State of Marketing Report)
- 17% of marketers improve conversion rates through A/B tests (HubSpot State of Marketing Report)
- Over 50% of marketers measure SEO success through keyword rankings and organic traffic (HubSpot State of Marketing Report)
- Conversion rates on websites drop by 4.42% with each second of load time
- Landing pages have a conversion rate of 23% while popups have a conversion rate of only 3%
- 51% of shoppers begin by researching a planned purchase using Google. (Think with Google)
- 46% of shoppers confirm their inventory online before walking into a store. (Think with Google)
- 70% of shoppers choose retailers based on the availability of a physical store. (Think with Google)
- 60% of Smartphone users have used the click to call option to reach a business. (Think with Google)
- Around 25% of companies prioritize mobile optimization. (HubSpot)
- 50.33% of Google searches end without the user clicking on any result
- Google records more than 77,000 searches per second (Internet Live Stats)
- The first 5 results on the SERP get 67% of all clicks
13 Content Marketing Statistics
- 78% of companies successful with content marketing had a documented content marketing strategy.
- Blogs account for 55% more website traffic.
- 57% of companies have recorded customer acquisition through their blog (HubSpot)
- 60% of marketers measure content marketing success by sales (HubSpot State of Marketing Report)
- 94% of marketers distribute content through social media. (SEMrush)
- 78% of companies have a content marketing team. (SEMrush)
- 48% of company with a content marketing strategy prioritize blogging (HubSpot Blog Research)
- 67% of companies measure content marketing success through organic traffic. (SEMrush)
- Traffic to blogs come primarily from search. (SEMrush)
- The top performing articles in marketing are more than 5,700 words. (SEMrush)
- The average blog post has 1269 words
- Blog posts with more than 3000 words get three times more traffic and four times more shares. (SEMrush)
- 51% of companies found content repurposing to be highly efficient. (SEMrush)
8 Paid Media Statistics
- Businesses make $8 profit on every $1 they spend on Google Ads
- Businesses allocate 39% of their marketing budget to paid search
- 69% of all clicks on Google Ads emanate from mobile devices
- US retail media ad spend is at $31.49 billion and will continue to grow in 2022.
- Voice-based ad revenue is estimated to reach $19 billion this year
- 28% of purchasers found new products and services via paid ads
- 58% of millennials made a purchase after encountering an ad online
- PPC ad spending are estimated to exceed $258 billion this year. (eMarketer)
10 Social Selling Statistics
- 55% of purchasers conduct research through social media
- 77% of purchasers will perform their research before speaking to a salesperson
- 78% of salespeople who use social media have better ROI than their peers
- Cold calling has a success rate of only 2.5%
- Marketers are able to complete 90% of the sales process through social selling
- 87% of B2B purchasers prefer salespeople they meet through their professional network
- 31% of B2B professionals build client relationships with social selling
- 84% of business leaders purchase through contacts gotten from social networks
- 90% of people make buying decisions influenced by online reviews
- Product reviews influence buying decisions of almost 70% of purchasers
Staying up-to-date with marketing statistics can help brands reach business goals with better decision making. Every bit of intel can help determine where to allocate budget in the next quarter, and the stats above make a strong case for AI powered analytics! If you agree, be sure to reach out for a demo and let’s get started!