Consumers’ perception IS brands’ reality. Marketers and thought leaders have their work cut out for them if they want to understand that perception well enough to guard against reputation risks while increasing brand value – because for better or worse, reality often plays out in real-time, on social media.
Deep social listening is required to stay on top of consumers’ shifting preferences and spot problems early. Here are a few areas brands must now attend to in the evolving social landscape:
- Customer service – which often requires brand representatives to “notice” consumer complaints before small problems escalate
- Consumer sentiment – without context, your data doesn’t tell you much about how your customers feel about your brand; emotion provides that context and lets you know where you need to step it up
- Interests beyond your brand – digging deep and knowing what social users are into in addition to your brand means you can reach them at a human level (versus a sales level), really connect, and personalize your messaging
Ignoring any of the above leaves the door open for competitors to jump in, or worse, for consumers to share their disappointment with others on social media – and that’s where your brand’s reputation can really take a hit.
Want an insightful look at trends and best practices for using social analytics to achieve positive brand reputation both day-to-day and long-term? On September 23, at 1:00 PM ET/10:00 AM PT, join NetBase CMO Pernille Bruun-Jensen and Robert Fronk, Managing Director of Reputation Strategy at Purple Strategies, as they team up for a webinar on just that topic. Find out:
- How to innovate around business value by identifying brand advocates on social
- What leading brands are doing to rapidly identify social decision situations (like using visualized analytics for C-suite decision-makers)
- How to reduce costs and improve team-wide notification so that brewing social issues are nipped in the bud quickly
And much more!
Businesses can’t afford to tune out of social channels for an instant, or their entire brand’s reputation can be at stake. But with real-time social listening, you can turn consumer conversations into knowledge – and let it guide you to become their favorite brand.